Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2011/10/02 :  20:52:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Revs:
Well I want to get away from the basics! I should get more into Breakcore, they have sick stuff. I like when it when things are a bit more complicated

Srry for bringing this up again, but I've been forgetting to post about this for several months already. I couldn't have replied when it was the proper time cuz I didn't know enough.

Get a drum pack that seems most suitable to you. Basic stuff are the drums, ADSR config (if necessary), and a good Parametric EQ. More advanced stuff are Compressor, Waveshaper / Distortion plugin and Stereoizing plugin (you don't need to use all of them for every drum). Another advanced thing is good mastering, but there's no embarrassment in asking somebody else do it for you.
Don't expect to learn it immediately; you'll need to "play" with Dist and EQ a bit, especially Dist. But it's not so difficult either.

However, I think you'll also want to add some synths to your stuff. Unfortunately, that's more difficult, except if u need only simple synths.

Literal perfection? That'd take a plenty of time, but if you try hard you'll be able to make breaks like a pro/expert, which is more than enough.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - cruelcore1 on 2011/10/02 20:53:54
v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2011/10/04 :  06:03:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
Well, that's very basic, I already know all of that. I'm looking for more complicated things, and also like I already said, I do my own breakbeats and I don't use samples! (which means I place each kick, hi hat, snare by myself!) But I'm sure this tutorial will be usefull for some people, cheers :)

Do you record hits from your own drum kit too? Didn't think so. The fact you refuse to use a sampled break, even for supplementary purposes, yet you don't mind using say VEC samples defeats the object a bit don't you think?

What you should do; Find a break you like (it doesn't have to be an amen, hell i sampled a break from a 90's Britpop tune), chop it up a bit to create a groove you like, add your main one shot samples IE kicks and snares where the breaks own kick ands snare hit, add rides and hats in a smilair rhythm to your sample remember to alter velocities and not stick to the quantize grid and there you have your break. But then i'm sure you already knew all this and did it already, and probably even taught these techniques to Danny Byrd and DJ Fresh back in the day.

Probably every D&B track i've heard from all the biggest artists have used some sort of sampled break, cleaned up and supplemented with one shots, but hey what do these people know they've only had a few vinyl releases on major labels that featured on major compilations/albums.

^This. I find no problem using breaks at all and you can also add drum hits to it if you like

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page