Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Pioneer won't answer my mails

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2010/06/08 :  17:01:19  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Hi,

I have some problems with my DJM-700, I need a new fader hub (it's broken) and the effect button seems to have a problem too.. it's like 'blocked' (probably pressed too hard on it haha). I opened the mixer to see how I could fix it, and it actually worked again for some time but now it's 'blocked' again. The button itself works, but it goes kinda insane, when you want to turn the effects off and you press it once again it sometimes doesn't work (or vice-versa). However I cannot open the part where it seems to be coming from since there's no screws, but it seems more like it's sticked together with glue or whatever they use. I can open it again maybe and take some pictures.

I mailed Pioneer (I still have the guarantee) but never got an answer back. What can I do? I think that's a really bad service..

I also wanted to give them my CDJ-800s for some kind of "cleanage" since the the track I played got "blocked" sometimes when I did a backspin. Like, I do a backsping (on the jogwheel), the track spins back, suddenly stops, but then it goes on. I thought there was a lot of dirt inside so I opened it, and **** you will not believe what was in there, there was even some coke, probably vodka-coke haha. I dusted it off and everything and it works fine again now. But I still think Pioneer could have answered my mails. And I still want them to before the guarantee expires! So somebody please tell me what I can do!?

Revs :)

Alert moderator
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2010/06/08 :  17:10:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
That's a bit rubbish, they should at least answer you. How long have you been waiting to hear from them, companies like this can take a while sometimes.

Opening things up generally voids the guarantee though as does spilling coke on them. ;)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/06/08 :  17:13:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
Did you buy it from Pioneer directly, dude? Or through a retailers?

I had a problem with a Pioneer mixer when I first got it as well. Pioneer did not get back to me either. So, I called the guys I bought it from (store in London) and they said they will contact Pioneer directly for me.

Fortunately, it turns out I was being a retard and hadn't set something up right for recording - so the problem I thought I had, didn't actually exist, and I caused a load of people bother over nothing lol. Idiot.

Anyways, that's what I'd advise - try go back to the guys you bought it from, and see if they can get in touch for you?

Not the best help, I know. Sorry!

Edited by - JayHH86 on 2010/06/08 17:21:04
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/06/08 :  18:19:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Opening things? Spilling Coke? What? Never heard.

Well the first time I contacted them was I think some months ago. And yeah I know Pioneer is a big company but they could get more employees to answer their mails, there's enough people without jobs anyway!

I bought the mixer on eBay ;) For 600 Euro, that's like not even 500 Pounds, and new it costs about 1000 I think. It has not even a year and it's in absolute perfect condition. Or at least it was, seems like I wrecked it

The only thing that wasn't ok when I got it, was that the crossfader was broken (only the hub, so not really the fader itself). And I guess that's because the idiot who sold it to me just put the mixer in a box without any protection (absolutey NOTHING, just the mixer in a large box). So you can imagine, when it travels from Germany to Austria, there's a lot of things that can happen...

But like I said, I've had it for over 3 months now I think and everything seems to work fine. However, I'm affraid some problems will show up in the coming months!

Oh there's just one thing that I think is kinda strange, and I don't know if it's normal because I don't know anyone who owns a DJM-700, everyone I know has either a 800 or the 600.
It seems like the low EQ covers a part from the mid EQ. So let's say I'm mixing a track with vocals into another track, and the vocals on that track are already playing. The Bass/Lows on that track with the vocals are turned off at the moment because I'm about to mix it in. The crossfader is now in the middle. But you hear the vocals really badly, however later when I switch the bass, you will hear them clearly but the same thing will happen to the track I'm mixing out/switched the bass off now. It wasn't like that on the mixer I had before (shitty Behringer). And on my show some people told me my mixing is too "quick", and that I don't mix the track nicely in, but I DO, it's just they don't hear the track in the background being mixed in apparently?! (probably also the 96k radio quality) I know what I'm writing is complicated and long, but I'm scared the EQ has a problem. It's cool when you want to do smooth mixes but I don't know if it really should be like that. Of course I could turn the mids higher but I do not have 3 hands, which means when I switch to another track I have to switch: the bass OFF on one channel, the bass ON on the other channel, and the mids lower again so they're not too loud once the bass is on. Confusing huh?

I hope someone can helpe me :)

Cheers

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/06/08 :  18:22:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Oh I just found out my old mixer was a 32-bit mixer whereas the DJM-700 is a 24-bit mixer, does that possibly have anything to do with that?

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2010/06/09 :  07:10:20  Show profile  Send a private message
pioneer also laid off a bunch of people thanks to econosuck, that maybe part of the problem.

Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2010/06/09 :  17:58:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
i think you voided your warranty when you opened it up. and it also wasn't a manufacturers defect. i would have sent it back personally if it had shown up, broken like that.

i have a 700 too.

http://myworld.ebay.ca/djsparepart/

i'd talk to this guy, get the right part and repair it yourself. you sound like a handy enough guy.

Edited by - Vitalism on 2010/06/09 17:59:14
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/06/09 :  18:15:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
Meh who cares, nobody has to know I opened it. And it wasn't working before I opened it, I actually did that to fix it. Yeah it's true it's not a manufacturer's defect, but they could still repaire it. I don't believe they're such dicks.

Thanks for the link! However, nothing is broken, the button just seems to be somehow blocked.. I don't know what's the cause. Oh and the EQ, how's the EQ on yours? Does my message above apply to your mixer too? Would be cool if we could compare them!

Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2010/06/10 :  06:18:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
this mixer is a bit different from my last one (korg zero4 - don't get it if you have small fingers!).

i think it's just different from your old mixer. going from korg and pioneer, i'm pretty sure the two companies designate different ranges for each eq band. they must, because the two mixers sound different enough but it could just be the fact that the 700 doesn't have eq kill.

i've owned 4 different mixers, and used a fair amount of others. they're all a bit different with what does what.

that being said, anoyone know if there is a designated cut-off for what range the "bass" covers, where is the line drawn between the bass and mids?

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page