Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Nu Rave mix

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  01:48:45  Show profile Send a private message
Fans of the old skool will love it, the kids will hate it. Like it or not this is more hardcore than anything else getting put out at the moment.

Stream (Please stream and make me #1 in the charts again): http://www.house-mixes.com/mixes/playMix/59177/nuravemix250510.aspx

Download: http://www.4shared.com/audio/5W0TOBR1/Mortis_-_Nu_Rave_mix_25_05_10.html

CUE Sheet: http://www.4shared.com/file/lybrFouJ/Mortis_-_Nu_Rave_mix_25_05_10.html

Alert moderator
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  02:08:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
Fans of the old skool will love it, the kids will hate it. Like it or not this is more hardcore than anything else getting put out at the moment.

I still maintain what I said in the other thread. This should be in the Hardcore forum.
Not the biggest fan of rave breaks, to tight for me. I prefer the dirty jungle sounds :) Will give it a listen though.

I hate streaming :( mainly coz Australia blows the internet.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  02:14:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:

I still maintain what I said in the other thread. This should be in the Hardcore forum.

It's not hardcore as "we" know it so it doesn't belong in the hardcore forum. It's hardcore to the older generation but not to the new and as this forum it meant to be about modern hardcore then this mix certainly doesn't belong in the "hardcore discussion" section.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  02:15:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
fair enough.

First impression: really tight mixing. nice.

Listened through it. nice mix, been ages since I listened to breakbeat, forgot how much i like it.

Edited by - Lilley on 2010/05/30 06:28:37
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  10:11:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
This is an awesome mix mate, top stuff. 8)

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  13:24:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Cheers Lilley & A.W.

It seems to be going down well so far.

Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  18:26:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
not bad at all! i'm 30 min in, really liking the arsonist - gimme my, and natural high.

there's a lot of music here that i either haven't heard before, or haven't heard for a long time. so props to you my friend, i'm sure i'll be listening to this again.

on a slightly different topic, i always find it hard to describe this music to people. it's trying to sound kinda crappy on purpose is what i always end up telling 'em. i think it's awesome because this was the newest shit coming out at one point in time, so there's something nostalgic about it even though i wasn't technically there in the first place.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  18:47:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Downloading now. Loved the first one mate, was about to find the topic for the last so i could put forward my request for subscription to Kathryn lol. Looking forward to listening to it. Can't stream at the moment sorry. I did stream a bit of it earlier, if that helps your cause, i don't know

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2010/05/31 :  16:43:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
On the download. It depends on what you class as Hardcore. All that Clubland/Raverbaby stuff aint Hardcore and neve has been.

I hope to enjoy this

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2010/05/31 :  19:48:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
god damn this is good, I wish music like this was alot more popular than it is. This kind stuff should be blasting outta' warehouses around the globe every weekend.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/05/31 :  20:26:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Carrrying on from 8D's post. Is this music still being made? I went through a phase of mixing it a couple of years ago. Then it was quite popular, online shops would have new releases every week or what have you. But now i can't seem to find much. Where do you get your records Mortis?

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2010/05/31 :  21:09:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
Delicious. It's like early 90s hardcore with better/cleaner production. Mixing was good too :) 5*

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2010/06/01 :  09:38:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Carrrying on from 8D's post. Is this music still being made? I went through a phase of mixing it a couple of years ago. Then it was quite popular, online shops would have new releases every week or what have you. But now i can't seem to find much. Where do you get your records Mortis?

There isn't much on vinyl these days mate but still loads being made. Have to look at digi releases for new Hardcore Breaks and J-Tek stuff.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/06/01 :  11:06:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:

They're nearly all new releases. The odd tracks is a year or so old but mostly new stuff.

I've gone over to CD's now due to the expense and lack of vinyl releases. It's so much easier to get a mix together and cheaper too. As for where I buy tunes, I mostly get them from trackitdown & nu-rave.com. Nu-rave is where it's at as far as hardcore breaks, rave breaks & j-tek.

Thanks to everyone who's listened to it so far and don't forget the prelude mix:

Download: http://www.4shared.com/audio/hBxfUrVx/Mortis_-_Rave_Breaks_Mix_21-04.html

CUE Sheet: http://www.4shared.com/file/PBVUBN5Y/Mortis_-_Rave_Breaks_Mix_21-04.html

More will be on their way when I get the tracks together.

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2010/06/01 :  11:59:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
Oh husband as i am upstairs getting ready listening to this mix for the 1st time i have to say a 'BIG MAHOOSIVE' nice 1.
It's really good so far am like 4/5 songs in and it's brilliant

kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2010/06/01 :  12:01:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:

Not the biggest fan of rave breaks, to tight for me. I prefer the dirty jungle sounds :) Will give it a listen though.

I hate streaming :( mainly coz Australia blows the internet.

It's not hardcore

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page