Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Deadmau5 in ottawa...

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2010/05/27 :  13:33:53  Show profile Send a private message
Its on Canada Day. Thursday July 1st

Should i go see him? Is he even worth it?

I mean 53$, just to see him play...

http://www.rave.ca/en/event/40800/

Alert moderator

Edited by - Bonkers4Life on 2010/05/27 13:43:12
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/05/27 :  21:32:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
I went to a festival over here last year and Deadmau5 just happened to be playing. Honestly, it was a great moment in my music life; listening to the amazing tunes he was playing, surrounded by hundreds if not thousands (in the not-so-big tent he played in meaning it was nice and squashed) of like-minded people, dancing, singing along, sweating... ahh *bittersweet nostalgia*... anyway, yeah, great fun. If it were just Deadmau5 alone i probably wouldn't pay that as to be honest he doesn't do much. The novelty of the big foam mouse head wears off after a while, he then whips it off and puts on a little baseball cap and looks like he's just wondered on stage straight from a council estate in Manchester and then just flails his arms about in a camp fashion, but you do have other acts/DJs on as well, and Deadmau5 is a good listen, so i'd say it's pretty good value for money. Go for it mate.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/05/27 :  22:04:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I wouldn't be concerned with who's playing. More to the point is, do you like the music? I'd rather see lesser DJ's play music i like than see a big DJ play something i don't really care for, no doubt about it. In fact it's often the case that big names are quite disappointing due to their sets being so limited.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/05/27 :  22:17:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I wouldn't be concerned with who's playing. More to the point is, do you like the music? I'd rather see lesser DJ's play music i like than see a big DJ play something i don't really care for, no doubt about it. In fact it's often the case that big names are quite disappointing due to their sets being so limited.

This is a good point, but Deadmau5 did deliver. As have most "big names" i've seen.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2010/05/28 :  00:18:43  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:

this. if you dig it, pony up the cash. I personally don't care for proghouse and wouldn't pay that much to see him.

he is a good dj though.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page