Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

begginer CDJ

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Clarky

United Kingdom
24 posts
Posted - 2010/05/12 :  04:14:19  Show profile Send a private message
Im looking at buying myself some cdj's but i dont know what to start with, ive used some cdjs before so i understand the very basics, just some friendly advise would be nice.

i had my eye on these becouse there quite cheap.
http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR321897

Alert moderator
DJ Specimen

United States
350 posts
Posted - 2010/05/12 :  05:00:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Specimen's homepage
In my opinion if you're going to get CDJs they may as well be pioneers, they're the industry standard and where you'll ultimately end up with CDJs anyway. The 200s aren't too bad if you don't have much money, but the 400s are a great place to start, and they'll last you a long time. Everything pioneer makes is solid as hell, so you can buy them used from ebay and not have to worry about them shitting out on you. Once you have 400s, you can use them while you save for 1000s or even 2000s.

As far as the 200s go, they're solid and cheap, they just don't really stand up to the 400s the way that 400s stand up to the 800s. A friend of mine even had Hixxy play a party with a couple 200s a few years back lol.

That's right, hellokitty.com, and don't act like you don't want one too.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
nicolaslievens

France
113 posts
Posted - 2010/05/13 :  18:30:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nicolaslievens's homepage
i began with cdj100's, by far the best to begin without need lot of money.

i bought them for 250, wich means i think 200

the cdj200's are great too, but they are the same actually than the 100's, just they are reading mp3, but who needs ?

the denon you are looking for are pretty good, but low quality to compare to pioneer

the good thing if you you begin with a pioneer cdj, is that every pioneer are the "same" (same cue, pitch etc) so even if you start with a 100 or 200 or so, when you'll be on a 1000, you wont be lost

pioneer are the clubs standards cdj you will never see a denon on a club ;)

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page