Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Recycle & Reason

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
AlexTheKid
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 posts
Posted - 2010/04/26 :  17:05:47  Show profile Send a private message
Just started out using Reason, have never made anything with it before. My track is comin along nicely but I wasn't gettin the feel for it with no vocals in. So i've sussed out how to get vocals in there using Recycle but I am havin trouble gettin it in time and I think it's something to do with the way i'm slicin it in Recycle or perhaps the time sig im givin the acapella. I've not used the sensitivity button but rather sliced at the start of every piece of vocal I want to start on the first beat of 8 bars and the vocal should last 8 bars too (If that makes sense)

So if anyone has got a minute or two could you give us some feedback on what my problem could be or perhaps a link to a previous topic about this ?

Thanks

Alert moderator
DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,998 posts
Posted - 2010/04/26 :  20:18:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
I use Reason too and if it helps I would suggest using a program like Record (by propellerheads too) or any host with Re-Wire (like Cubase) to sync audio files. I used to load chopped up bits of vocal samples into the samplers in reason and found that worked well for getting ol'skool type vocal effects but to sync an acappella I'd try the Re-Wire host as they're specially made for using audio tracks.

EDIT: Another thing to take into account is the fact that recorded vocals usually have breath noises which makes them imprecise if you're just using samplers. The only way around that would be to experiment with the placement of the note in the piano roll until you feel it lines up.

http://www.brightspeedrecordings.com/

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - DJ_FunDaBounce on 2010/04/27 18:17:52

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page