Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2010/04/19 :  19:22:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:

wow, i actually agree with ya! Hardstyle hasnt changed all that much, hardstyle is **** all like hard trance these days. Just coz hardstyle is changing why a name change? People take life far too seriously, fackin ell

If that was in reference to what I was saying then you are agreeing with me. I am saying they should rebrand the pre-nu style sound as something else under a Hard Trance sub genre where it belongs. That would sort the problems they are having. Hardstyle always used to be a sub genre of Hard Trance but the new sound has lost its way and is just slow Nu Style Hardcore.

It's funny that you say "hardstyle is **** all like hard trance these days" because that would indicate that a big change to the sound must have taken place would it not? :P

The old sound -

Sounds nothing like what they're calling Hardstyle these days -

It's so cheesy and in all the wrong ways. :P Funny thing is it thinks its hard.

In the end I don't really care though, would just like to hear more of the old stuff made and have it seperate from the new stuff personally. :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2010/04/19 19:23:56
Dj_triquatra

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2010/04/19 :  19:31:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj_triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
i asked ages ago about the differences between hardstyle-jumpstyle-nustyle, but no one seemed to want to give me a straight answer :/

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,047 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2010/04/19 :  19:48:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dj_triquatra:
i asked ages ago about the differences between hardstyle-jumpstyle-nustyle, but no one seemed to want to give me a straight answer :/

The original Hardstyle is generally much darker throughout the whole track with Off Beat Bass, screeches, Hoovers, bleeps and minimal leads.

Nu-Style in terms of this type of music is pretty much the same as the current mainstream Dutch Hardcore sound but slower.

Jumpstyle is cheesy as feck with guffy pitched kicks and the way through it and it's just... well.. it's awful basically. AVOID. :D

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2010/04/19 :  20:50:02  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
quote:

wow, i actually agree with ya! Hardstyle hasnt changed all that much, hardstyle is **** all like hard trance these days. Just coz hardstyle is changing why a name change? People take life far too seriously, fackin ell

If that was in reference to what I was saying then you are agreeing with me. I am saying they should rebrand the pre-nu style sound as something else under a Hard Trance sub genre where it belongs. That would sort the problems they are having. Hardstyle always used to be a sub genre of Hard Trance but the new sound has lost its way and is just slow Nu Style Hardcore.

It's funny that you say "hardstyle is **** all like hard trance these days" because that would indicate that a big change to the sound must have taken place would it not? :P

The old sound -

In the end I don't really care though, would just like to hear more of the old stuff made and have it seperate from the new stuff personally. :)

well put like that yea i am lol... All music changes, if hardstyle didnt then the moaners would moan that it stayed the same. Ya just cant win

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

Dj_triquatra

United Kingdom
104 posts
Posted - 2010/04/19 :  21:12:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj_triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
The R3bels - Keep The Rhythm

currently addicted to this :P sue me

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/04/20 :  00:11:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
bulby, hardstyle can still be hard. just heard this one the other day, and loved it coz it was actually hard. Yes its a bit cheesy, but its still hard...

my biggest issue with bioweapon is that the kick in the tracks is way to distorted and has very little impact.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/04/24 :  02:40:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
It's good up to the point where the kick changes pitch (the kick actually sounds really good). That is what i dislike most about this kind of stuff, would be great if it wasn't for that but the second that happens it just ruins anything good about the tunes.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/04/24 02:47:51
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2010/04/24 :  04:11:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
It's good up to the point where the kick changes pitch (the kick actually sounds really good).

It does don't it. Where did it change pitch, i missed it. Was it in the intro where it went all distorted?

nvm I hear it. Is that the kick changing pitch, or the bassline. Imo, the kick is hard enough to be distinct from the bass, but its hard to separate.

I agree though, I much prefer a hard kick with a bassline underneath, not the kick as the bassline. doesn't really work and often sounds cheaply produced. The kick changing pitch to the degree it did in that track (if it was the kick changing) doesnt bother me, I just want it to be HARD. That is what is so appealing about the orphidian remix of forgotten moments.

Looking at it now, I can see that my fav hardstyle tracks sound similar to this production wise - ie., Zany - Widowmaker and Donkey Rollers - Chopper

Edited by - Lilley on 2010/04/24 04:31:05
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Posted - 2010/04/24 :  04:24:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
The old sound -

I've got this one in a set by pavo from a qlubtempo 02. Love it

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/04/24 :  16:03:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
It's good up to the point where the kick changes pitch (the kick actually sounds really good).

It does don't it. Where did it change pitch, i missed it. Was it in the intro where it went all distorted?

nvm I hear it. Is that the kick changing pitch, or the bassline. Imo, the kick is hard enough to be distinct from the bass, but its hard to separate.

I agree though, I much prefer a hard kick with a bassline underneath, not the kick as the bassline. doesn't really work and often sounds cheaply produced. The kick changing pitch to the degree it did in that track (if it was the kick changing) doesnt bother me, I just want it to be HARD. That is what is so appealing about the orphidian remix of forgotten moments.

Looking at it now, I can see that my fav hardstyle tracks sound similar to this production wise - ie., Zany - Widowmaker and Donkey Rollers - Chopper

Aside from the thing i mentioned the tune is actually really good, the production on it is top notch, it sounds so crisp (and i don't mean the high end). The Ophidian mix of Forgotten Moments has the best kick ever lol, absolutely disgusting. Incidentally i heard it in a rave the other week, that lead has so much bass on it in the breakdown.

frozt

United States
372 posts
frozt has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/05/12 :  06:08:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit frozt's homepage  Reply with quote
I borrowed the Qlimax 2 cd from a friend and I'm digging the shit out of it much more than the recent releases from the Qlimax cds

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,218 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/05/16 :  19:36:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
must admit hardstyle is a genre i no absolutley nothing about,i have heard a few tracks but can't really remember them but sounding like watered down gabber rings a bell

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/05/16 :  19:39:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
must admit hardstyle is a genre i no absolutley nothing about,i have heard a few tracks but can't really remember them but sounding like watered down gabber rings a bell

Yeah that's not the real Hardstyle, go back at least 5 years and listen to that stuff.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,218 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  20:15:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
quote:

The old sound -

Imo that davide sonar track is a hell of alot better than that dj issac one,me thinks issac should of stuck to hardcore

choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2010/05/30 :  21:51:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Hardstyle belongs to the people, hardstyle belongs to those who are actively creating and supporting it. In the current situation the only result we are seeing is that the big organisations are filling their pockets with money that comes from YOU. From the hard working student or young adult. You are sponsoring a corrupt industry that milks your pockets dry whilst forcefully pushing those aside that are attempting to be creative and take the music to a broader level.

freaking communist are everywhere!

get over it, every genre dies sooner or later.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page