Total online 1475
 Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

someone knows happy hardcore AU for logic ?

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
nicolaslievens

France
113 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  12:29:51  Show profile Send a private message  Visit nicolaslievens's homepage
hi all !

i'm starting to produce with logic express 9. after a few weeks on it, i realized that it's really really hard to do hardcore with the original apple AU

i followed the advice of one of my friends, and i downloaded sylenth1, wich is totally awesome

but ! i'm looking to do a thing like an olad skoll piano, i don't know how to explain that, but something like this track "Dok & Ponder - Faces Of Angels".

also, if you know any free AU who can do hardcore sound, please tell me that ! :)

thanks in advance for you reply :D

nick

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  16:12:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Get yourself the Korg M1 VSTi, that has exactly what your looking for. It comes with the Korg Legacy Collection i believe.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  16:40:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
I produce Hardcore with many old skool influences and I have everything I need ;)

Logic has a shitload of instruments, including one of the best synthesizers that has ever been made.

If you want a kind of old skool piano, use the EXS24. If you've downloaded the program, the instruments probably weren't included.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  17:24:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Revs:
I produce Hardcore with many old skool influences and I have everything I need ;)

Logic has a shitload of instruments, including one of the best synthesizers that has ever been made.

If you want a kind of old skool piano, use the EXS24. If you've downloaded the program, the instruments probably weren't included.

Did you buy it?

nicolaslievens

France
113 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  17:38:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nicolaslievens's homepage
yep, i bought it !

i have the exs 24, ultrabeat etc... but i don't found it's old skool hardcore piano, maybe i did something wrong, i pretty new in logic

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  18:55:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
I bought Logic 7 and then upgraded to Logic 8.

In the EXS you have different pianos, with some various presets. You can completely modify them and you have to do it until you find the correct setting ;) No instruments will come exactly like you want it, you gotta play with it a bit!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  18:56:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Well it's the old Hardcore sound he's looking for. So unless it has M1/N1, JD800 etc sound sets then it won't be what he's looking for :P Although no doubt good nontheless.

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  18:56:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
He CAN produce Oldskool sounds with it, I'm 100% sure.. :P

Edited by - Revs on 2010/04/04 18:58:35
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  19:00:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Well the only thing that's going to sound like an M1 or JD800 is the resptive synths. It may produce oldskool like sounds and good sounds but it's not going to be the ones mentioned :P That is my point.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/04/04 19:01:08
nicolaslievens

France
113 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  19:08:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nicolaslievens's homepage
well, i just want to add some old skoo pianos on my production

like on this track for example

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/hardcore/track/540445.html (at 3:33)

i don't know if this is really called old skool, but it sounds like that :p

djrevs, i'll try immediately with the exs24, on the preset

hard2get, i searched on google for the m1, but i didn't found anything, even on korg's website !

PS: sorry if i made some faults, or if it's hard to understand what i want, my english is not very good

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/04/04 :  19:20:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
http://www.korg.co.uk/products/software_controllers/legacy/sc_legacy.asp The M1 VSTi will be what your looking for.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/04/04 19:20:46
nicolaslievens

France
113 posts
Posted - 2010/04/05 :  09:47:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nicolaslievens's homepage
your link doesn't work hard2get, it said to me:

"Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/klc_mac_demo_en.dmg was not found on this server."

when i click on the mac or pc icon

also, on the webpage, i can see korg has stopped this product

normal ?

Edited by - nicolaslievens on 2010/04/05 10:28:18
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2010/04/05 :  14:23:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Cubic Audio have a free M emulator called the "S1". Sounds very good, though i'm not sure it will work in Logic as i use Cubase on PC. Worth checking out though. Mortis isn't around by the looks of things anymore, but if he were he'd recommend Luxonix, though again i wouldn't like to say if it would work in Logic.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Fluffbomb

United Kingdom
257 posts
Posted - 2010/04/06 :  13:12:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fluffbomb's homepage
Try creating an EXS24 instrument using Korg M1 piano samples (there are lots floating around on the net).

nicolaslievens

France
113 posts
Posted - 2010/04/06 :  18:37:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nicolaslievens's homepage
sorry for the delay, i was pretty busy with easter

meathead: no, the s1 is not for logic, i didn't find anything like that and even apple salesman said to me that he didn't know that so i hink it's only for cubase :/

fluffbomb: i'm going to try that immediately ! :)

but i think the exs24 is the begining of what i want cause i changed a lot of his preset, added filter and even if it was not exactly what i wanted that was really better

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2010/04/08 :  17:24:31  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage
http://www.omega-art.com/logic/exs.html

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page