Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

What genre would you say this is?

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2010/03/16 :  01:34:55  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
Hey, just asking a little favour from the good folks on these fora.

I'm working on a track and don't really know what genre to put it in, so I was hoping maybe you could spare a minute of your time and share your opinions :)

http://soundcloud.com/dantedante/dante-love-waves-wip

The clip on SC isn't completely new, it sounds slightly better now, but I'm not looking for feedback here, and that clip is good enough to determine a genre, hopefully :p

Thanks!

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/03/16 :  01:39:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I don't really know. The less it fits into a genre the better, who really wants to hear the same thing a million times anyway? Anyway it's really good, keep it up. It's good because it's unique and it's your sound not someone elses. It's one of the most accomplished songs i've heard on this site. Looking at the comments on soundcloud, i have to laugh at their insignificance and irrelevance, no offence at all to the poeple that made them, but your completely overlooking how good the music (or creativity if you will) is. I like the bass, personally, it's far better than what i'm used to hearing from productions on this website. Kick is absolutely fine too. The fact they aren't the same overused stuff dosn't make them bad lol. I like the song alot.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/03/16 01:50:05
Dante
Advanced Member

1,185 posts
Posted - 2010/03/16 :  02:13:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
I was definitely not expecting any praise, but thanks a lot, glad you like the track (if I can be honest, I was pretty happy with the musical part myself ;p)! I actually already changed the kick and bass, although it shouldn't sound too generic, but I don't remember what I did the first time around so will be a little hard to go back.

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,521 posts
Posted - 2010/03/16 :  08:13:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I don't really know. The less it fits into a genre the better, who really wants to hear the same thing a million times anyway? Anyway it's really good, keep it up. It's good because it's unique and it's your sound not someone elses. It's one of the most accomplished songs i've heard on this site. Looking at the comments on soundcloud, i have to laugh at their insignificance and irrelevance, no offence at all to the poeple that made them, but your completely overlooking how good the music (or creativity if you will) is. I like the bass, personally, it's far better than what i'm used to hearing from productions on this website. Kick is absolutely fine too. The fact they aren't the same overused stuff dosn't make them bad lol. I like the song alot.

Hard2Gets opinions always counts twice

But ur right, I think this track is sounding much better than the first time I listened to it, has to be said I didn't listened to the whole thing either the first time :P

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/03/16 :  12:58:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
If your wondering how i can make such a high claim about the song it's because while there is a lot of stuff that's reasonably well engineered or well engineered, most of the time it's just an idea that's been done a thousand times before (Hardcore with Trance riffs), this on the other hand has nothing in it that i've ever heard before anywhere and it sounds good; this instantly makes it better.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/03/16 :  13:21:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
yeh i like it, almost sounds like something you would expect from out of the nineties. like the quirkiness of the bass, but think it could use a bit more depth.

Dante
Advanced Member

1,185 posts
Posted - 2010/03/16 :  13:29:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
almost sounds like something you would expect from out of the nineties.

Interesting that you should make that observation, as it actually is loosely based on early 90s hardcore. I was just playing around with some 7-chords, which were fairly common in early rave music, and the "wavey" riff emerged :p

I'll try and change the bass back, it's currently a detuned square bass with sine sub (the latter was missing in the original bass, that had a saw sub). Or I'll at least have one project for each bass and then decide what to keep later :p

quote:
Originally posted by Fishy:
has to be said I didn't listened to the whole thing either the first time :P

naughty naughty :p

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2010/03/17 :  06:58:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
I can't give any good constructive criticism, but I can say it's sounds very nice indeed!

Dante
Advanced Member

1,185 posts
Posted - 2010/03/17 :  14:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage
Thanks, gayfish ;)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page