Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

My Track

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Hectic
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2010/02/14 :  14:30:31  Show profile Send a private message
Been working on this for a couple of weeks now. I'm still learning what's what with production so it's nowt special. If you take a listen though let us know what I need to improve on etc.

It's not had a proper mixdown yet so levels will be all over, sorry!

http://www.4shared.com/file/221959703/10e05252/Response.html

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/02/15 :  00:43:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Well, i was expecting worse after you talked the tune down! First thing i have to point out is that the acid and intro synth are in a different key to the bassline? Is it meant to be that way?
Anyway aside from that you seem to be doing everything right so just keep practicing. No point telling every little detail about what could be better in the mixdown etc, you've clearly already done fine by yourself so far so it's quite irrelevant!
Update: on further listening some stuff is out of key in the main section, again, not sure if it's deliberate or what..

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Essi

Australia
83 posts
Posted - 2010/02/15 :  14:30:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Essi's homepage
drums need allot of work and some of the sounds you picked are just odd .

try listing to some modern UK hardcore. Think and listen to the sounds they are using in conjunction with song structure.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/02/15 :  15:06:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I don't think any of the drums sound odd. Can you descrie which and why. I personaly don't think the drums need any work, not more than anything else anyway. Maybe he dosn't want to sound like terrible modern Hardcore.

choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2010/02/15 :  15:19:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage
sounds pretty disonant, is that the sound your are aiming at? beacuse it doesn't sound bad, reminds me a little bit of gothic- symphonic metal, which uses complex and very disonant harmonies.

You do need to work in the structure and of the track, but I disagree that you need to use the same sounds and structures of modern hardcore, thats actually the reason why hardcore is so boring these days, everything sounds the same.

I think you have something going on here, but you need to develope it more.

Hectic
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2010/02/15 :  23:52:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hectic's homepage
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeah I wanted it to sound different then today's hardcore as most seem to have the same type of sounds and structure to them. I'm never going to be able to produce something like Gammer, Breeze & Styles etc do, so I'm trying to do things a different way and hopefully make something that sounds good in the process.

I'm more into older hardcore so maybe that's why it sounds 'odd' compared to today's releases. The acid sound didn't seem to sound right in any other key. I'll have another go and see if I can figure it out.

Edited by - Hectic on 2010/02/16 00:18:20
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/02/16 :  00:44:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
The people commenting on your tune are of course comparing it to the highest standards of production. If you forget about that for a second then it's very good all the same, your doing good, keep practicing and you will be as good as you like.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page