Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Crudstep

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  07:38:45  Show profile Send a private message
As you can tell by my picture I don't really like dubstep
I think it's just retarded

Anyone agree?

Can anyone prove me wrong and show me somthing good?

Alert moderator
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  16:17:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
No. I admit, like with any genre, a lot of Dubstep is terrible but some is ****ing amazing. If you've ever listened to it on a big system, like a club or festival, you'll know the power of this stuff.

If you don't like Dubstep, you're a racist.

EDIT

Somethings gone wrong with this post

2ND EDIT

Sorted it :D

Tbh, i doubt very much you, or anyone else who has made their minds up about Dubstep already, will listen to any single one of those tracks but, whatever.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Meathead on 2009/12/26 16:44:30
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  16:28:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
Anyone agree?

Yes. However Meathead, a tune for you to check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzHOdfSHZgs

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  16:37:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
Anyone agree?

Yes.

:p

quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
However Meathead, a tune for you to check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzHOdfSHZgs

Nice one mate, will give it a listen

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  16:37:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
Yes something went very wrong with your post

I was almost going to take it back after the Mt Eden track, but for me one decent song doesn't make up for the rest

I just really don't like it, I can see how it would sound better on a big system
But what doesn't?

So the picture stays! :D

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  16:49:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:

I was almost going to take it back after the Mt Eden track, but for me one decent song doesn't make up for the rest

I just really don't like it, I can see how it would sound better on a big system
But what doesn't?

lol i meant when i posted it all the videos repeated themsleves and where different sizes

Respect for listening to them anyway, may also wanna check out the DRT track i just added. I understand it's not for everyone, but if you are ever unfortunate enough to be stuck in a rave, surrounded by huge speakers, and the DJ drops a Dubstep tune, don't walk out just let those subs do their job. You'll be skanking for your life just like i was at Leeds festival when Chase & Status dropped that Heartbeats tune

näkkk
Advanced Member

Norway
755 posts

16 hardcore releases
näkkk is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  16:58:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit näkkk's homepage
Meathead, most of those tracks are better than the dubstep I've heard before, which is basically only super slow wobble wobble music. Good listening music, but isn't dubstep supposed to be dance music?

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,521 posts
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  17:01:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage
No I dont agree at all. Id choose dubstep over hardcore anytime. Well if its good dubstep not the boring stuff..

Some good ones

And listen to my new dubstep track if u want its called "Dried Mango" http://soundcloud.com/fishy-1

Edited by - Fishy on 2009/12/26 17:03:00
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/12/26 :  17:08:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:

If you like that tune it was up for free (all legal and above board) here:

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=647428&cache=5

quote:
Originally posted by näkkk:
Meathead, most of those tracks are better than the dubstep I've heard before, which is basically only super slow wobble wobble music. Good listening music, but isn't dubstep supposed to be dance music?

I have good taste what can i say :p

No Dubstep is music to be listened to at Ketamine fueled squat parties :p. I don't dance to it anyway, i give it a badbwoy sway or dutty skank.

quote:
Originally posted by Fishy:
No I dont agree at all. Id choose dubstep over hardcore anytime. Well if its good dubstep not the boring stuff..

Agreed

Edited by - Meathead on 2009/12/26 17:10:22
8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2009/12/27 :  02:38:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:

But what doesn't?

lol i meant when i posted it all the videos repeated themsleves and where different sizes

yeah I know, thats what I meant too

out of any dubstep track I've heard I like this one the best, but it does get old fast for me

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/12/27 :  03:05:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
what was racist? damn i missed it!

but yea i ***** love dubstep! however, here in houston the dubstep group tends to play the much slower or boring dub, and i don't like that type of dub. plus there's some pretty dark demonic dub out there as well and that's pretty badass!

i def like it better than electro, tech-house, minimal, and donk.

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/12/27 :  18:50:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage

check that bad boy out, drum and bass and dubstep in one Foooking amazing song..

i got a demo tape from a dubstep "rave" in germany i went to in june and it's ****ing amazing... can't find any of the music from it on youtube though so you'll just have to cope with what i can find..

Oh, and try and say dubstep is bad when you're stoned.. i tripped my tits off listening to this song, and got some of my mates who hated the stuff bobbing their heads and getting sent under by it!

if you're gonna listen to it get a sub btw, no other speakers give it credit at all

DJSmooth
Starting Member

Jamaica
7 posts
Posted - 2009/12/27 :  19:04:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJSmooth's homepage
Dubstep is kinda kool sometimes yo but i still like them.............

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/12/27 :  19:06:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:

check that bad boy out, drum and bass and dubstep in one Foooking amazing song..

i got a demo tape from a dubstep "rave" in germany i went to in june and it's ****ing amazing... can't find any of the music from it on youtube though so you'll just have to cope with what i can find..

Oh, and try and say dubstep is bad when you're stoned.. i tripped my tits off listening to this song, and got some of my mates who hated the stuff bobbing their heads and getting sent under by it!

if you're gonna listen to it get a sub btw, no other speakers give it credit at all

Dude that first song is awful :p

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/12/27 :  19:39:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:
MY ORIGINAL POST

Dude that first song is awful :p

It sounds shit doesn't it... i only realised after i posted it haha

i heard a sped up version with an mc that was about 3 minutes long, you can see how it would sound alot better.

SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2009/12/28 :  21:02:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
Dubstep bores me to death.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page