Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Unwarranted echo/reverb problem

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/11/12 :  15:24:16  Show profile Send a private message
This is really odd. With a lot of audio files I have, there's an echo that comes out of nowhere in cubase. It only seems to affect really short clips. This does not happen in any other audio editor or program I have. Not even converting the filetype alleviates it. Even shortening it does not work (in Cubase or the actual file itself), the "echo" just moves closer.

http://imgur.com/3GTz4.png
Right where the cursor is located is where it repeats itself.

- I have no FX enabled
- This happens on every project, and even on a different OS with Cubase 5.1.0.

In another editor:
http://imgur.com/mAnuJ.png

Did I forget to change a setting or something? I should note that it can't be the Control Room causing it, as it's not even enabled.

This also means "People read."

Alert moderator

Edited by - Rayovac on 2009/11/13 18:51:03
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/11/12 :  18:33:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Can't say that's ever happened with me. Anything on the channel or master channel? Compressor? Could it be a result of converting bit rates? Importing a 16 bit piece of audio it usually ask if you would like to conver to 24 for me i don't know if that would have any effect. And not to throw around accusations about but, are you using a legit copy of Cubase 5?

Try using the faders on the audio clip to get rid of any audio you don't want.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/11/12 :  19:52:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
i was going to say it could be the problem i was having...but it was more to do with VST sound issues...

wack the VST scrub response and volume to min...that said i may have fixed it by messing around with the asio/audio settings in device setup

i cant remember precisely what i changed to stop it though

you seem to have no end of problems dont you :P
have you tried sending your sound card back to the manufacturers perhaps that would help? ;)

Edited by - Triquatra on 2009/11/12 19:54:06
Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Posted - 2009/11/12 :  23:59:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
Can't say that's ever happened with me. Anything on the channel or master channel? Compressor? Could it be a result of converting bit rates? Importing a 16 bit piece of audio it usually ask if you would like to conver to 24 for me i don't know if that would have any effect. And not to throw around accusations about but, are you using a legit copy of Cubase 5?

Try using the faders on the audio clip to get rid of any audio you don't want.

Nope, nothing on the master channel or compressor. The bit rate of this specific file as also the same as the project's. And yes, it's legal. Also, unfortunately the faders will not work. It messes with the entire audio file (like if I fade out the "echo," it also fades out a chunk of the original audio).

quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
wack the VST scrub response and volume to min...that said i may have fixed it by messing around with the asio/audio settings in device setup

i cant remember precisely what i changed to stop it though

you seem to have no end of problems dont you :P
have you tried sending your sound card back to the manufacturers perhaps that would help? ;)

No cigar. And I just sent in the card and got a replacement not too long ago anyway... and this one didn't come with an extended warranty. I doubt it's a hardware problem though.

Edit: Apparently my mom's crappy camera can also record video... albeit not very well.

Sorry about the quality, but maybe it will help demonstrate the problem better. And just to reiterate, there are no effects applied to the track, or the master channel, etc. This happens even in a clean project.

Edited by - Rayovac on 2009/11/13 00:53:05
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/11/13 :  06:30:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
That's quite weird. The faders shape can be change so as not to effect the audio signal. Drag the fader so it starts to fade out from the beginning of the audio then double click the fader (click the audio clip above the fader if that makes sense) and a window will pop up allowing you to change the faders shape. Sorry to ask but there's been a bit of an influx of questions about how to use Cubase 5 on HP since it was cracked :)

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/11/13 :  07:52:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
And I just sent in the card and got a replacement not too long ago anyway...

i know - i was making a joke :P

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Posted - 2009/11/13 :  18:50:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
Ugh I just noticed a really stupid typo, I'm using Cubase 5.1.0, not 5.0.1.

quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
That's quite weird. The faders shape can be change so as not to effect the audio signal. Drag the fader so it starts to fade out from the beginning of the audio then double click the fader (click the audio clip above the fader if that makes sense) and a window will pop up allowing you to change the faders shape.

This isn't going to work. When I do that, I also fade out a chunk of the original audio and it sounds terrible.

quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:Sorry to ask but there's been a bit of an influx of questions about how to use Cubase 5 on HP since it was cracked :)

I bet most of the questions consist of "hey m8s y is cubase teh crashing steinberg r gonks olo."

quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
i know - i was making a joke :P

Oops sorry.

Edit: Found the solution! I went into the pool and unchecked Musical Mode for the file; viola, the problem is gone! Thanks for the suggestions though!

Edited by - Rayovac on 2009/11/13 18:58:35

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page