Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

CDJ 2000

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ Complx
Average Member

United States
242 posts
Posted - 2009/09/23 :  16:36:24  Show profile Send a private message  Visit DJ Complx's homepage
So a few days back, pioneer released their new line of CDJ's....cleverly named the CDJ 2000.

personally, I was actually disappointed with them for a few reasons.

im studying to be designer and when i looked at it, i was immediately turned of by just how it looked...the design choices they made were just plain bad. square corners are a step back from what the CDJ 1000's round corners IMO. again the over all look was just bad.

As far as function goes... again more bad design choices, they kept pushing "a dawn of a new species" which made it sound like it was going to be something either radically different or a major change in the ways DJ's work and function. If you watched any of the promo vid that they had on youtube with interviews with different DJ's, they kept saying that they felt that "staring at a computer screen took away from the interaction that the DJ had with the crowd" In reality all pioneer really did was take away the computer and put a tiny display, that only shows at max 6 tracks at a time, on the player. The added "quick jog function" (that you use with your finger to scan through the track) seems like its just a fast forward button, not that different IMO. The fact that you can hook it up to different DVS's (i think they mentioned something about serato and traktor) seems counter productive and kind of defeated the whole "takes away the computer screen element."

Not everything is bad though... they added the ability to hook up the pacemaker system into the tables seemed really cool.

thats about what i got out of it and thought.....

now what do you think about all of this?

Macbook Pro
Torq DJ Performance Software

CHECK OUT WWW.BETAMUSE.COM

Alert moderator
djwilson
Average Member

United Kingdom
165 posts
Posted - 2009/09/23 :  16:44:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djwilson's homepage
Waste of money, doubt it will be club standard, end of.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Complx
Average Member

United States
242 posts
Posted - 2009/09/23 :  16:51:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Complx's homepage
agreeded, for that kind of price tag for what i really consider some "minor" upgrades and added features its not worth it, and i dont even use CDJ's.

Macbook Pro
Torq DJ Performance Software

CHECK OUT WWW.BETAMUSE.COM

ABET
Average Member

United Kingdom
233 posts
ABET has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/09/23 :  16:52:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ABET's homepage
I really think they have made some good steps with this.

-You can hook up hard drives (like a cdj 400) so you dont need cds and your music can be organised more.

-It comes with a program called Record Box that you use to catalog, organise and clean up your mp3/wav files before use.

- This software also means you can have the waveform of a track saved so that you dont have to wait for it to load.

-You can now play tracks from DVDs (but why would you when you can use a hard drive?)

-The quick scan means in a long track you dont have to hold fast forward and spin the platter endlessly to get straight to the middle.

-The new screen is far better looking and more detailed than that of a cdj 1000.

Thats all i can remember off hand but all in all i am impressed. A bit dissapointed as i have just bought my 1000 mk3s and now want a pair of these but the £1500 (EACH!!!!) price tag scares me to my very core.

I do belive however it will take a fair few years before these become the standard in clubs.

ABET
Average Member

United Kingdom
233 posts
ABET has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/09/23 :  16:57:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ABET's homepage
At the end of the day the industry standard is set by the industry leaders...
Big name djs use cdj 1000s so that is the standard.

How many big names take a laptop to raves?

When djs start expecting cdj 2000s because they carry hard drives instead of cds these will be the standard.

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2009/09/23 :  20:38:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ABET:
How many big names take a laptop to raves?

Maybe not to raves but there is plenty of big named dj's that spin using a laptop

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page