Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

Digital DJ

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
whispering

Finland
8,453 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/08/19 :  10:28:22  Show profile Send a private message
This comes up every now and then, would like to get some gear so i could mix tunes etc. Not really wishing to become a "professional" DJ or anything like that, more as a hobby.

Aaaaanyway, it usually falls on money issues. But ive been thinkin that since my apartment is soon finished i might be able to buy 2 XP10's in the coming months. My question is, that the controllers come with Bison DJ software, but also work with Traktor DJ. In those programs can you use any piece of hardware as a mixer? I've been thinking that i could use my logitech joystick as a "mixer" if its possible :P Could save some money there, and buy a proper one when i get more money in 2013, if i even would need one :p

Edit: Ok found out that Ableton lets you use pretty much any controller with it, ill need to check it out and see if i can set it up with it...

Alert moderator

Edited by - whispering on 2009/08/19 21:26:06
Jackol

United States
443 posts
Posted - 2009/08/26 :  06:03:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jackol's homepage
If you REALLY want to digital DJ, you might as well get the numark totalcontrol. I've never even heard of these xp10s before. But as always, you might as well save and get some pioneer CDJs. Just get CDJ-200s or something, they're fairly cheap. Software (from experience) is never as good as actual hardware.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
whispering

Finland
8,453 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/08/26 :  07:32:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jackol:
If you REALLY want to digital DJ, you might as well get the numark totalcontrol. I've never even heard of these xp10s before. But as always, you might as well save and get some pioneer CDJs. Just get CDJ-200s or something, they're fairly cheap. Software (from experience) is never as good as actual hardware.

I dont want to get hardware thats made to control physical media, id rather get hardware thats made to control digital media. Plus CDJ-200's cost almoust 477€ a piece. While e.g. that Numark one costs 211€ and has everything. The XP10's are made by one finnish company, and what ive hear should be really good. They have a new model too, but its a bit out of my price range.

Oh and i dont REALLY want to digital DJ, or to DJ for that matter. Would just be nice to be able to do simple mixing when drinking or something :P

bazzaboy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2009/09/02 :  11:24:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bazzaboy's homepage
hey, check out a guy on you tube called Kazzfoxx... his videos have shown me digital djing can be just as good as the real thing, im no pro but its a good program virtual dj, i use it with no controller , just my mouse.

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/09/02 :  11:52:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
virtual DJ generally comes in last when it comes down to DJ programs. Deckadance have a mixing suite, Traktor, Serebro (spel?) and various others also do. People have tried to mix in Audacity and FL before.. I duno how well that works for mixing..

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2009/09/03 :  00:59:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
virtual dj is sh1te its like the hiv of djing

Revs
Advanced Member

Austria
2,583 posts
Revs has attended 13 events
Posted - 2009/09/03 :  01:49:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Revs's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by Jackol:

I dont want to get hardware thats made to control physical media, id rather get hardware thats made to control digital media. Plus CDJ-200's cost almoust 477€ a piece. While e.g. that Numark one costs 211€ and has everything. The XP10's are made by one finnish company, and what ive hear should be really good. They have a new model too, but its a bit out of my price range.

Oh and i dont REALLY want to digital DJ, or to DJ for that matter. Would just be nice to be able to do simple mixing when drinking or something :P

You could aswell use the iTunes shuffle then :P

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page