of 2

Author Thread  
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/08/16 :  21:49:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by frozt:
So to go about the bass, add another layer over it, or change the bassline, or bring it up in the mix. What are you really saying about that?

Add another layer. Keep your sub and add a sort of mid range fuzzy/buzzy layer and filter the two layers - low passing and high passing respectively.

Exactly.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/08/16 :  22:52:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Project-Industrial:
it sounds empty.. intro into main is crap (the loop sample for your intro cutted off bad, least sounds like a premade sample) as mortis said the vocals are out of sync.

heres how to sync a vocal bit in fl (think ur using that?)

use some effects or so to fill the lead and such up.. it sounds (as said before) empty and dry.. the 'melody' is pretty fit but maybe put another layer that is half a second behind to fill gaps? or put a delay bank effect? some reveerb? would make a world of diffrence

Just how precise is that method though? DIY FTW.

Look for the peaks in the audio file at the beginning of each word and drag till its in time

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2009/08/16 22:52:52
frozt

United States
372 posts
frozt has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/08/17 :  00:10:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit frozt's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
HardcoreHarryUK:
agree with all thats been said.
it sounds so thin its just wrong.
if i was you i'd wipe and start again.
keep bits u like.. like the cool break beat and if u have to use the pink vocal (grrr) then make sure the timing right.. as its one beat to far in.. and thus out of time.
in terms of track structure (bar the vocal) you're kinda there.
but dont be man enough not to wipe and start again.. every track written is a lesson learnt!
peace

it's starting to get so frustrating with this track that I mite take a break from it and start with different. I just wish I had another producer that lived where I am that could help out when I start to pull my hair out.

quote:
quote:
So to go about the bass, add another layer over it, or change the bassline, or bring it up in the mix. What are you really saying about that?

Add another layer. Keep your sub and add a sort of mid range fuzzy/buzzy layer and filter the two layers - low passing and high passing respectively.

quote:
For the Piano someone posted a link to a piano vst and I just grabbed it off the site and have been using it. I know Nexus has piano patches but I haven't tried them yet. I'll try changing what the piano plays to something different.

I fear that may have been me. The S1? You can't leave it totally dry and playing, what sounds like, one note each time it hits. Add some FX. Reverb, Delay, Tremelo, Vibrato etc. Just add a few variations on the notes. Keeping the piano playing the general riff the vocal plays could sound good, but with a few variations.

quote:
I've been using Ableton Live and my dance book talking about getting a stereo separator or something like that and so I threw it into Pro Tools and looked up a Stereo Tool and put it on. Listening to it now it doesn't sound to great haha. How would I go about it in the right way?

A stereo enhancer is fine on sounds higher up the frequency range IE rides, hats and other highs can be panned widely (don't over do it), and leads and snares can also be panned to an extent (really don't over do it). But things like Sub basses and kicks should always be mono IMO. It can sound good for effect panning them and widening them in parts but overall should be kept central/mono.

Alright, i'll play around with the bass a while and see what I can come up with.
I really like the sound of the S1 but it's so minimal that I don't have the hang of it yet. Again, i'll spend some time with it and see what I come up with.

I don't think Live has a stereo enhancer so but I'll check some freeware out of if there's a good one.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/08/17 :  01:27:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I really like the sound of the S1 but it's so minimal that I don't have the hang of it yet.

This comment confuses me. How can it be minimal but hard to understand? It's such a basic thing, ADSR...and that's pretty much it.

Edited by - Mortis on 2009/08/17 05:03:45
frozt

United States
372 posts
Posted - 2009/08/17 :  02:33:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit frozt's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't know I expected something different so it threw me off.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/08/17 :  05:04:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
To be fair if ADSR throws you off then you have serious production problems.

frozt

United States
372 posts
Posted - 2009/08/17 :  05:24:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit frozt's homepage  Reply with quote
Lol. well I've got the hang of it now

Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Project-Industrial has attended 24 events
Posted - 2009/08/17 :  14:16:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Project-Industrial:
it sounds empty.. intro into main is crap (the loop sample for your intro cutted off bad, least sounds like a premade sample) as mortis said the vocals are out of sync.

heres how to sync a vocal bit in fl (think ur using that?)

use some effects or so to fill the lead and such up.. it sounds (as said before) empty and dry.. the 'melody' is pretty fit but maybe put another layer that is half a second behind to fill gaps? or put a delay bank effect? some reveerb? would make a world of diffrence

Just how precise is that method though? DIY FTW.

Look for the peaks in the audio file at the beginning of each word and drag till its in time

DIY????????????????????????

its pretty damn precise :) not always for me but i got weird kick lines.. their not stead 4x4 so it doesnt fit for me in that way.. if ya work with a steady kick line then it works fine :)

http://www.project-industrial.com
http://www.discogs.com/label/Furious+Monkey+Records
http://www.furiousmonkeyrecords.com/

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com