Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk

LaborOsc - free vsti

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
protonic

Hungary
297 posts
protonic has attended 24 events
Posted - 2009/04/01 :  08:40:20  Show profile Send a private message  Visit protonic's homepage

Download link: http://www.box.net/shared/amuhgabzp9

Alert moderator
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/01 :  16:33:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Nice one mate will give it a bash, is it any good?

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/04/02 :  08:39:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:

Ive tried it, dont really like it tbh, having problems getting a good sound with it. I got a good one out of the CLSM edition of computer music magazine, might upload that.....would that be ok? or illegal? or immoral?

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/02 :  14:55:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
quote:

Ive tried it, dont really like it tbh, having problems getting a good sound with it. I got a good one out of the CLSM edition of computer music magazine, might upload that.....would that be ok? or illegal? or immoral?

**** it do it! :p

Course it would be ok, it was given away free with the mag so its ok in my books. Easy enough to find on google anyway so why not.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2009/04/02 15:00:55
choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2009/04/02 :  15:48:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage
quote:
quote:

making your own synthesis is hard work, you really have to know what you are doing

I will def try this one, thanks protonic!

DJ Notna

Sweden
128 posts
Posted - 2009/04/06 :  14:48:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Notna's homepage
Awesome!

"God is a DJ"

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/06 :  15:39:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Naturatech:
quote:
quote:

making your own synthesis is hard work, you really have to know what you are doing

Or have plenty of time on your hands and a "oooh what does this button do" attitude. I havent the foggiest with regards to the technical jargon, i just like to piss about with my synths.

The best way ive found to create sounds, other than the ones i do know how to make, is to stumble upon them by accident. I was trying to make a nice lead sound using Sylenth and ended up making acid, dont ask me how i managed to steer so far from my goal, im just chuffed i did. Woooo Aceeeed!

Er.... anyway, i think the point im trying to make Redwingz is just mess around with your chosen synth as much as possible. I f youre having problems TRYING to make the sound youre after stop trying and start experimenting.

Edited by - Meathead on 2009/04/06 15:41:49
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2009/04/09 :  18:45:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Or have plenty of time on your hands and a "oooh what does this button do" attitude. I havent the foggiest with regards to the technical jargon, i just like to piss about with my synths.

And you don't need to know any technical jargon either, it will all come to you naturally as you learn how synthesis works. I personally would almost never use a preset again, but for 2 reasons, firstly, there is very very little chance of a preset fitting a song better than something custom made, but secondly i also like to be original and not use sounds that a thousand other people have, there's just no creativity in that.
I think the thing that helped me most to begin with was taking a preset i like, looking how it's programmed then re-programming it myself from scratch till i get it right, then you can start making your own original sounds once you understand how synthesis works better.

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2009/04/09 :  18:52:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage
Is it virtual analog? If so, what does it do that you can't do with raw waveforms and a soft sampler?

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/04/12 :  03:46:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage
WOW, just gave this thing a go and I'm really impressed with its filters!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2009/04/12 :  04:09:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
WOW, just gave this thing a go and I'm really impressed with its filters!

Haha, eating your own words!

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Posted - 2009/04/12 :  05:05:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage
Not really, was genuinely curious what it did that was so special. A lot of the time when you see a new freeware synth it's just the same thing in a different package - the same raw waveforms with two or three oscillators with no real special function that can't also be performed in Kontakt or even FL Studio's sampler.

This is more of an FM synth than virtual analog though, and the extra mile they've gone with the filters just makes it that much better! An excellent addition to any collection, IMO!

Edited by - Audio X on 2009/04/12 05:10:12
NekroBat
Starting Member

Sweden
3 posts
Posted - 2009/09/06 :  13:33:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekroBat's homepage
Thanx Audio X! I´m glad that anyone really try my thing out... The name of the synth is really an invite for people into the whole "self-syntheze" thing.

LaborOsc is meant for people to be "laborious" and find new sounds using old and tried technics to find their own sounds (to be saved freely in the 180 empty preset-slots). If you have any questions as to how it works, please dont hesitate to write a mail and I will be happy to answer it...

Yours truly

NekroBat

(www.myspace.com/nekrodisko or www.myspace.com/thedieselpimps)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page