Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Moved: 

The Prodigy - Invaders must die *discuss*

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  16:57:53  Show profile Send a private message
ok, before I start, I know this isn't exactly hardcore but considering what The Prodigy have done for our scene over the past 2 decades, it isn't really out of place.

well. what can I say? Liam Howlett has surpassed himself once again.

For this album the full prodigy squad are back with a bang, with Keith returning in all his screaming glory & Maxim is back also, even trying his hand at some Reggae style lyrics in one track.

I am a HUGE fan of the prodigy but wasn't fully impressed with the last album "Always Out-Numbered but Never Out-Gunned" I did like it but it seemed to have lost that Prodigy magic.

With this album, it is not the case!! This time around they've gone back all their old ways & have put together another classic album in the making.

Some of the tracks sound like their early rave tracks in "The Experience" with the SLAMMIN, chemical beats & vocals of "The Fat of the Land" but its also very fresh sounding also &, again, the prodigy are leading the way into the future.

I could go on about them forever but i'd like to hear your thoughts on this new album.

ALL I CAN SAY IS.......

Alert moderator

Edited by - Triquatra on 2009/02/25 17:16:35
Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  17:14:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/26079086/review/26212688/invaders_must_die

Mind you I know it will rock. I'll pick it up when it comes out here on march 3rd.

This also means "People read."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Rayovac on 2009/02/25 17:15:29
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  17:16:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
i havent heard the full album yet BUT

radio one - which is played in our office constantly from 8:30am - 5:30pm play they're new one "Omen" about once every hour and a half - seriously, everytime i remove my headphones from listening to someones mix off here to go get a brew that song comes on

so whilst i havent heard the rest of the album - they have killed that song for me.

looking forward to hearing the rest of the album though :)

seeing as its discussing the new album - which isnt hardcore - im moving this one to "other genre"..

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  17:38:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
How could you!

How could I stay mad @ new Mod doing his duties

no, but seriously Rowan. What an album m8! Unbelievable!

There's also another mix of Omen on it so Radio 1 wont have killed it completely

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  18:11:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
lol, i'll keep my ears open

do juno or play.com have samples yet?

sense_of_hardcore

United Kingdom
46 posts
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  19:40:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sense_of_hardcore's homepage
I haven't heard the full album just yet but compared to the last album (Always Outnumbered...) I think the Prodigy are back on track, while I liked the last album and its electroclash edge, I didn't think Liam Howlett was heading in the right direction.

I'm not crazy about the current single "Omen" thats been released, its a decent enough tune but compared to most of the other tracks its one of the weaker tunes.

The title track "Invaders Must Die" is quite good but I prefer the Chase and Status remix!

"Take Me To The Hospital" sounds just like a mash up of "Experience" rave and "Fat of the Land" dance-rock.

The best track so far though has to be "Warrior's Dance"! I love the breakdown with the old skool breaks and bass. Its one of the best Prodigy tracks I've heard.

There are some really interesting tracks on the album and I like the direction the band have taken. Its sound like a really good album so far.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  20:32:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
I was gonna right a full review of this (i actually did and almost finished it), then i realised all i could really say is.... oh my frickin god! Love it!

Stand out tunes for me: Take Me To The Hospital, Warrior's Dance (although i hate Liam for changing it from the live version! Damn him!), Omen, Thunder, Piranha and im not sure what its supposed to be but i love the last track Stand Up.

Few of the tunes are a bit Hadouken-ish and im not keen on them, but 3 not so good uns out of 11 int bad! Very Ravey in parts, others quite Rocky. Overall a top notch album and a very welcome return to The Prodigy making more of the music that earnt em that special place in my heart.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  20:34:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
finally just settled down to liten to it. just on first track now. gonna listen all the way through

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  23:27:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/26079086/review/26212688/invaders_must_die

that's a pretty f**ked up review they are making. but i'm sure the same person who wrote it is the same one who's got all the hannah montana/ miley cyrus cds and jacks off every night to a jonas brothers concert

and just heard the previews. not a bad cd at all. some of the songs sounded pretty similar, but it was still a good album

Edited by - latininxtc on 2009/02/25 23:34:23
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/02/26 :  16:58:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

that's a pretty f**ked up review they are making. but i'm sure the same person who wrote it is the same one who's got all the hannah montana/ miley cyrus cds and jacks off every night to a jonas brothers concert

and just heard the previews. not a bad cd at all. some of the songs sounded pretty similar, but it was still a good album

The guy obviously hasnt got a clue what he's babbling on about if he thinks Keef is all that The Prodigy was and is.

And.... "Aside from the hot grime-pop 'Warrior's Dance'" Grime-Pop? Again - a moron.

Also.... "it's all pummeling, vacuous rave noise". Whats wrong with that? That's what it's meant to be and it's done very well.

Finally.... "useful mainly for thrash dancing and scaring neighbors". Dont wanna point the finger but "neighbors"..... Bloody Yanks!

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/03/01 :  00:09:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
rollingstone.com: Back in the day, the Prodigy gave electronic music a persona, in the form of frontman Keith Flint — an obnoxious cyberthug who was an amusing alternative to knob-twisting nerds.

Apparently a magazine that's been going since 1967 considers "back in the day" to be 1996 which is when Keith started to be seen as the "front man" of the group.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2009/03/02 :  16:06:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Mostly impressed with the album, just wish it had been out sooner because it doesn't sound as different as i'd hoped - mainly because of the number of bands around now who mix dance and punk/rock/whatever you want to call it.

Kisstasy
Average Member

Canada
236 posts
Posted - 2009/03/03 :  00:04:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kisstasy's homepage
They are HAWTT. Both ways.

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Posted - 2009/03/03 :  00:42:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kisstasy:

I think you need to lay off the sugar.

Kisstasy
Average Member

Canada
236 posts
Posted - 2009/03/03 :  00:45:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kisstasy's homepage
quote:
quote:

I've had NONONONONONONOOO sugar today, love.

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Posted - 2009/03/03 :  01:14:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've had NONONONONONONOOO sugar today, love.

Maybe you should try ritalin then.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page