Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: North America

Hard Candy (0 attended)

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
ericmdaily

United States
47 posts
Posted - 2009/02/23 :  04:49:40  Show profile Send a private message  Visit ericmdaily's homepage
[0 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: Hard Candy
Starts: March 13th, 2009
State/Territory: Arizona

HARD CANDY

SHARKEY!
*First AZ appearance in 8 years!*

Jon Sharkey is undoubtedly one of the most established names in the Hardcore scene. The legendary, jack of all trades has tried his hand at everything; starting in the early days of rave in ‘93 as an MC at the Rhythm Station for DJ Druid where he won
countless awards for MC of the year, then moving on to production and DJing co-producing ‘Toytown’ one of the biggest anthems of the era on Essential Platinum and now in moulding the new talent of Hardcore and Freeform’s future. The like’s of K
Complex, AMS and Arkitech to name just a few have evolved through Sharkey’s studio and tuition.
His focus on guiding the talented bright lights and tirelessly harnessing the raw talent of upcoming production engineers in Hardcore came because he considers it to be one of the most important aspects of his job as without the future generation,
there will be no future hardcore!

He is no stranger to compilations being one of the founder DJ’s of the award winning Bonkers compilation series and now one of the main DJ’s on the Freeformation album. After his success with ‘Toytown’ James Horrocks, Resist’s front man, was keen to
sign both Jon and Hixxy to mix the first Bonkers compilation. Jon also went on to mix on Bonkers a, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 and Best Of Bonkers. Bonkers is now the biggest Hardcore compilation album of all time and have gained gold
and silver sales awards in the UK.

Jon is a very adaptable DJ and plays many different types of sets. From Hardcore to Hard Trance and many different types of old skool ranging from Breakbeat, Hard House to Hardcore Techno and Gabba from many different eras. The success of Jon's DJing
career has been due to this diversity and knack for always standing out loud and proud from the every day trends that get rinsed. Sharkey is a true pioneer in his field and a full on party mover. You can be sure that the name on a flier is enough to
generate hype, but when Jon steps up and takes control it's time for the rest to step back. As well as storming through the UK playing at any well known event including Glastonbury and Glade, Jon regularly plays at events all over the world including
Enchanted Festival Australia, Nocturnal Wonderland USA, Canada and Japan.

As an MC Jon works on request and is always asked for in many genres from DJ's such as: Brisk, Marc Smith, Scott Brown, Paul Glazby, Chris Liberator, Mark E.G, M-Zone, Stu Allen and the Producer. Showing his adaptability again in this field. Never
forgetting that the music on show and the party are the most important aspects. Adapting to each genre is important in this work as many clubs have many different needs for this work. Recent appearances have seen him make ravers do a giant conga and
all sit down on the floor.

As the only UK Hardcore artist to try his hand at all aspects of Hardcore whether it be on the microphone, in the studio, as an engineer or as a DJ, Jon's successes in all of these fields place him as the most prolific Hardcore innovator of all time;
not many can boast having tunes played on Radio One by John Peel. With this forward thinking artist album waiting in the wings alongside the exciting Kaotik project and yet more appearances and tours overseas, this is a reputation that is unlikely to
falter.

KEVIN ENERGY!
*First AZ Appearance*

N.E.C. head honcho, Kevin Energy is firmly established as a DJ in the top echelon of both the Hardcore and Harddance scenes, with bookings the length and breadth of the UK and all around the World.

Energized, always and musically innovative, there aren’t many crowd-pleasers around that can rock a crowd quite like Kevin Energy but for a man who earned his first big room rave sets before he was old enough to legally attend them it is hardly
surprising. His fresh sound and ever enthusiastic mixing style make him a favourite behind the decks as he always delivers service with a smile and with more scratching and rockin’, upfront tracks than you can shake a glow stick at.

From the early days of Dream FM and ‘Hardcore Fever’ Kevin has moved from strength to strength.
With running the Nu Energy Collective including some long established labels – Nu Energy Records, Relentless Vinyl, Liquid Hardcore, Elevate Whites and NEC Live, brand new digital label concepts and LIVE PA, Freeformation party nights, his Elevate
Hard Dance crusade, Hardcore Heaven compilation mix and USA domination, Kevin is by far one of the busiest DJ’s/producers/promoters in the scene, but despite his insanely busy work ethic he will still be seen partying it up at events before and after
his sets wearing oversized hats, Hawaiian shirts and dressing up as crazy Dutch man, surely why he is a pioneer of the Wise Up, Get Stupid party ethic!

Whether it be his blistering Hardcore Heaven + Elevate CD mixes, his explosive technically tight DJ sets at HTID, Frantic Slammin Vinyl + Sundissential or even his rave rockin production work, Kevin always manages to balance a pacey, instantly
uplifting energy with a forward thinking approach that pushes back the boundaries of Hardcore and Harddance. Always playing for the crowd and the moment. Kevin’s experience of knowing what to pull out, coupled with his quick skills + Intense style
insures his sets always stand and leave a crowd that are eager to experience his music once more. On Friday the 13th, Kev will do just that.
With two very special sets, Kevin Energy will be rocking Arizona harder then it has ever been rocked in his FIRST Arizona Appearance!!!

SHARKEY and KEVIN ENERGY will both perform separately
then Sharkey will hop on the mic to as Guest MC for Kevin's Freeform set!

With locals:

Starr [UK Hardcore, HTID 2009]
Rize [UK Hardcore, HTID 2009]
Sparrow [Freeform, HTID 2009]
Mindbender [#1 Hard Dance DJ In The U.S.]

K.O.R.E.
[Hardcore/Gabber]
Raz [Hardcore/Gabber]
Plastic Disease [Industrial/Hardcore]
Richard Anthony [UK Hard House]
Razzles[UK Hardcore]
Cojami [UK Hardcore]
Daily [Happy Hardcore]
Ixnay [UK Hardcore]
Skeltaboy [Upfront Happy Hardcore]
Sean Android [Hard Trance]
SiD [Hard House]
-B- [Hard House]

FULLY CARNIVAL THEMED VENUE
PLENTY OF CARNIVAL GAMES
along with SNO-CONES, HUG JUGS
and OTTER POPS throughout the night!

JUST ADDED....the Cut Throat Freak Show..

A madcap blend of classic and original sideshow stunts executed with just enough precision not to maim anyone.

Cut Throat the eyeball dare devil, machete juggler, and madman has teamed up with the beautiful MF Amazing for some fun with glass, hooks, fire, freak animals, and dick jokes.
All backed up by the award wining musical production of [ D I M ]

"I breathe fire, I've juggled chainsaws, I eat broken glass, and lift weights with my eyelids. I've perfected more ways to defy death and mutilation than anyone you've ever met. I travel the world with my pet sea-squirrel (half fish, half squirrel)
named Scratchy. I've performed my brand of strange, skilled, dangerous, acts at break neck speeds all over the western hemisphere. From Fairbanks to Buenos Aires, and plenty in between. I've been featured on television more times than I can count, and
freelance stuff I was a part of keeps on getting sold to more and more tv stations. I still street perform often, and still play live shows in tons of venues. I once passed on a trip to the east coast to see the premier of a film I was in at the
Tribeca Film Festival, so I could play a show for 40 or 50 people here. "

MULTIPLE BEAUTIFUL LASERS!
SOUND : Flock & Rukus
LIGHTING BY : Harmonic and Flash
PROPS BY : Neu-LSD

Vendor Village:
Clix Bag Of Tricks
Wacky Weenies
AZ Hookahs
Tea Infusion will be back again as well!

click this link to RSVP
http://event.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=events.detail&eventID=483782.28228
and
http://www.dontstayin.com/usa/az/phoenix/a-secret-location/2009/mar/13/event-198576

Alert moderator
Excalibur

United States
107 posts
Excalibur has attended 4 events
Posted - 2009/03/12 :  10:10:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Excalibur's homepage
Ah goddammit Sharkey is practically going to be in my backyard tomorrow and I just heard about this today. **** I wish I could go!

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page