Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Starstruck
Advanced Member

Australia
1,152 posts
Starstruck has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/02/10 :  06:32:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Starstruck's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
M/A/R/R/S - pump up the volume (Extended)

mars...needs...women

That used to be a favourite Goa tune of mine.

" Doof - Mars Needs Women "

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/02/10 :  06:39:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skidzorz:
Can`t believe Cam sold him for $2,000,000. Dipset`s done. It`s been done for a while now.

dipsets around, it's just run by jim jones now. though if you meant that it's not what it used to be... i agree, though there's still mel matrix, writer and noe who are all pretty sick

cam's new mixtape is (finally) going to be out on april 21st also... which is going to be great. not sure if you've heard 'i hate my job' but it's the first single from the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWQWTZVWVZs

Edited by - Meph751 on 2009/02/10 06:41:13
Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2009/02/10 :  08:34:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage  Reply with quote
Son Lux - Throw

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2009/02/13 :  17:27:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meph751:
quote:
Can`t believe Cam sold him for $2,000,000. Dipset`s done. It`s been done for a while now.

dipsets around, it's just run by jim jones now. though if you meant that it's not what it used to be... i agree, though there's still mel matrix, writer and noe who are all pretty sick

cam's new mixtape is (finally) going to be out on april 21st also... which is going to be great. not sure if you've heard 'i hate my job' but it's the first single from the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWQWTZVWVZs

I really never liked Cam. I always felt like Juelz and AR outshined him. But like Bezel & 40 Cal said; Dipset Is Over!

Paul Elstak - I Am A God
The Malcolm Mcdowell sample from Caligula fits in perfectly. Great tune. 8/10

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2009/02/16 :  00:17:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Eminem-The Sauce
**** what anybody says, if you listen to rap and can`t admit that Eminem is the best rapper alive then you aren`t a true rap fan. Sure, Encore was shit, but nobody alive can spit like he can. Benzino can say goodbye to his career after this song. 10/10.

Let me spell this out for you.

You.
Talk.
SHIT!

I agree that The Sauce is a beast of a diss tune and that Eminem was a fantastic writer and rapper but since MM LP he has become sloppier and sloppier. His writing and delivery is becoming worse and worse to the point it's embarassing. I'm really hoping his new cut this year is a return to his old joints, laced with anger and no regard for who he offends. That was when he was at his best. Best rapper alive? You've got to be shitting me!

Oh and Benzino never had a career. He was always a ****ing joke.

Next two albums I'm looking forward to are Royce Da 5'9" and MF DOOM's new cuts dropping in march. ****ing can't wait. MF DOOM always blows me away and Royce is hitting another gear lately. The Bar Exam 2 last year was a ****ing stellar mixtape!

EDIT

Current song:

R.O.M.E - The West Coast Grind Freestyle

Edited by - SixFeet on 2009/02/16 00:21:21
lozowen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 posts
lozowen has attended 10 events
Posted - 2009/02/16 :  00:44:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lozowen's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SixFeet:
I'm really hoping his new cut this year is a return to his old joints, laced with anger and no regard for who he offends. That was when he was at his best.

your not wrong

D-Block & S-Te-Fan - Evolutionz

on www.NARCOTICRADIO.co.uk
- Upfront Hardcore & Gabber

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2009/02/16 :  04:34:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I agree that The Sauce is a beast of a diss tune and that Eminem was a fantastic writer and rapper but since MM LP he has become sloppier and sloppier. His writing and delivery is becoming worse and worse to the point it's embarassing. I'm really hoping his new cut this year is a return to his old joints, laced with anger and no regard for who he offends. That was when he was at his best. Best rapper alive? You've got to be shitting me!

I just liked him because he grew up same area I did.

I agree, his latest work is beginning to annoy the shit out of me. I love all of his old songs because of the anger in them.

Now...meh.

Current Song:

BK - Noise Machine

The Past, The Present, The Future (CD One)
The Past, The Present, The Future (CD Two)

näkkk
Advanced Member

Norway
755 posts

16 hardcore releases
näkkk is a site donation subscriber
Posted - 2009/02/16 :  12:54:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit näkkk's homepage  Reply with quote
Roni Size - No More

AxelPanic

United States
285 posts
AxelPanic has attended 6 events
Posted - 2009/02/16 :  16:54:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AxelPanic's homepage  Reply with quote
sad enough to say Angel Eyes - Brisk & Ham

Ive never ever seen no paradise
never ever seen no angel's eyes
never ever let this magic die
no matter where you are
you are my lucky star

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2009/02/18 :  16:22:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Eminem-The Sauce
**** what anybody says, if you listen to rap and can`t admit that Eminem is the best rapper alive then you aren`t a true rap fan. Sure, Encore was shit, but nobody alive can spit like he can. Benzino can say goodbye to his career after this song. 10/10.

Let me spell this out for you.

You.
Talk.
SHIT!

Oh and Benzino never had a career. He was always a ****ing joke.

Next two albums I'm looking forward to are Royce Da 5'9" and MF DOOM's new cuts dropping in march. ****ing can't wait. MF DOOM always blows me away and Royce is hitting another gear lately. The Bar Exam 2 last year was a ****ing stellar mixtape!

EDIT

Current song:

R.O.M.E - The West Coast Grind Freestyle

Agreed, Royce is dope. Who Got Bodied? was some hot shit.

And I will admit, Encore was shit, Re-Up was shit, Crack A Bottle is shit, but nobody that is still rapping can **** with his 1999-2003 self. Notice how nobody beefs with him except nobodys? Because they don`t want to. They know what would happen. He murdered Jay on Renegade, murdered X on Don`t Appraoch Me, murdered Dre on Forgot About Dre, murdered Jada on Welcome To D-Block, and murdered Game on We Ain`t.

Jadakiss - Checkmate
This beat is unstopable. So is Kiss` delivery. 9/10

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2009/02/18 16:27:46
Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Project-Industrial has attended 24 events
Posted - 2009/02/18 :  17:08:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage  Reply with quote
the destroyer - rave is my church

http://www.project-industrial.com
http://www.discogs.com/label/Furious+Monkey+Records
http://www.furiousmonkeyrecords.com/

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2009/02/18 :  20:30:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

And I will admit, Encore was shit, Re-Up was shit, Crack A Bottle is shit, but nobody that is still rapping can **** with his 1999-2003 self. Notice how nobody beefs with him except nobodys? Because they don`t want to. They know what would happen. He murdered Jay on Renegade, murdered X on Don`t Appraoch Me, murdered Dre on Forgot About Dre, murdered Jada on Welcome To D-Block, and murdered Game on We Ain`t.

Hope you got "The Bar Exam 2". Was free ffs!

During 1993-2003 I still wouldn't put him on the same level as Jay and Nas. Especially Nas during that period. Nas was the best he has ever been during those years releasing "Stillmatic" and "The Lost Tapes" and Jay dropped "Blueprint". 3 of the best mainstream rap albums of all time. There was a plethora of great stuff released around that time and to me the last time mainstream rap was any decent.

As for the artists you labelled I really wouldn't consider them very good lyricist's apart from Jay. Dre is a fantastic producer but not a great rapper, especially since ALL his stuff is ghost written (Royce penned the song "The Message" which is a heartfelt song about his slain borther). The Game and DMX are mediocre, the beats are what's decent about them. Jada is very hit and miss. Which is a shame cos he has such potential.

Independant label's for Rap are selling better than ever which just goes to show people have had enough the shit out there. Go check out some independant artists man. Especially the guys on the "rhymesayer's Entertainment" label.

As far as who I'd probably put on who is the most consistantly good rapper over the entire course of his career and seeral albums it would have to go to "Common". He's had several classic albums aswell as arguably the best diss track of all time in "The Bitch In Yoo". He is always changing his sound, doing experimental stuff and pulling it off unlike many others. His lyrics and ability to tell narratives are unparalleled in mainstream music.

EDIT:

Brother Ali - Mr. President (You're The Man)

(Phenomenal rapper. A white, blind albino and is a lyrical beast paying homage to Obama.)

Edited by - SixFeet on 2009/02/18 20:32:34
Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/02/18 :  21:16:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage  Reply with quote
Micro - Penetrate

This also means "People read."

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2009/02/19 :  00:23:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Hope you got "The Bar Exam 2". Was free ffs!

During 1993-2003 I still wouldn't put him on the same level as Jay and Nas. Especially Nas during that period. Nas was the best he has ever been during those years releasing "Stillmatic" and "The Lost Tapes" and Jay dropped "Blueprint". 3 of the best mainstream rap albums of all time. There was a plethora of great stuff released around that time and to me the last time mainstream rap was any decent.

As for the artists you labelled I really wouldn't consider them very good lyricist's apart from Jay. Dre is a fantastic producer but not a great rapper, especially since ALL his stuff is ghost written (Royce penned the song "The Message" which is a heartfelt song about his slain borther). The Game and DMX are mediocre, the beats are what's decent about them. Jada is very hit and miss. Which is a shame cos he has such potential.

Independant label's for Rap are selling better than ever which just goes to show people have had enough the shit out there. Go check out some independant artists man. Especially the guys on the "rhymesayer's Entertainment" label.

As far as who I'd probably put on who is the most consistantly good rapper over the entire course of his career and seeral albums it would have to go to "Common". He's had several classic albums aswell as arguably the best diss track of all time in "The Bitch In Yoo". He is always changing his sound, doing experimental stuff and pulling it off unlike many others. His lyrics and ability to tell narratives are unparalleled in mainstream music.

EDIT:

Brother Ali - Mr. President (You're The Man)

(Phenomenal rapper. A white, blind albino and is a lyrical beast paying homage to Obama.)

I guess we`ll have to disagree. I think Eminem`s constant use of insane multis, his ability to rhyme words that don`t rhyme at all (and many pioneers of rap have sad he was one of the first to do it), and his ability to speak pure nonsense but still have you go ``that was hot`` are what make him the best rapper alive. Also, come on, since when was Jay good at freestyling?

And sure Jay put out Blueprint, but Em`s verses on Renegade are the best two verses on the album. And to make matters worse, Em put that joint out years ealier with Royce, so Jay had plenty of time to make sure Em didn`t kill him on his own album.

I`m not riding Em`s dick, I just think that nobody could touch him if it came down to it. If you were to have Nas and Em go at it, with both of them at their peaks, I`d put my money on Em. But the closest we`ll get to those two doing anything together was The Cross.

Cansis - Kiss Me
I`m not too great with electronic genres, but it`s a nice tune, so whatever. 7/10.

EDIT- I`ll admit I might not picked the best list of MC`s, but I was just trying to show that every time he steps on a track with somebody he lyrically merks them.

And anybody who thinks Dre rights his own lyrics is either painfully naive, or retarded. The Throne Is Mine and Number 1 (I guess Crack A Bottle now..) are proof that he doesn`t write his own lyrics.

Edited by - Skidzorz on 2009/02/19 00:27:10
lozowen
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
533 posts
lozowen has attended 10 events
Posted - 2009/02/19 :  16:10:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lozowen's homepage  Reply with quote
Twisted Edge - Never Loved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ylVHagu-s

on www.NARCOTICRADIO.co.uk
- Upfront Hardcore & Gabber

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page