Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Ibiza- History of Hard Dance

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  22:44:45  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
It was 5 years ago nearly I went into Borders in Bournemouth during what I think was the half term holiday during my first year at college & was at the Cd section. I was into 'Dance' then. I had never heard of Scott Brown, Paul Elstak, Hixxy, or labels like Twisted Vinyl, Rotterdam & Pengo & never knew what the following 5 years had in store for me, that being a trip back into the then by gone 90s! The thing is it was only 5 years before since Bonkers 4 & 5 came out, Happy Hardcore was still being made & 'curtains' was the haircut. The internet would have only just got in...

It seems more changed between 98 to 03 than since 03 to now, yet we can't see change, but we can hear it & Ibiza History of Hard Dance was the first step into my passion for music, yet it wasn't Hardcore, it would help shap me towards it as by the end of that year I was thinking 'what was dance music like 10 years ago?' thinking back to the days of 2 Unlimited, Take That & what I had only heard of being a 'Rave'. That question would lead me back to the 90s but not for a while yet...

Again I was at Borders in Bournemouth Square by the CDs & heard some music comeing out of some head phones,; Ascenson- Someone (Thrillseekers Remix) It is a good Trancy vocal track, not Hardcore (yet Hardcore was coming back at the time, I was yet to hear it as I have already said) but still uplifting & always reminds me of a girl I liked at the time (a cow) I liked it so music & did the usual look at tracklisting, it had Scooter-Logical song & another eye (ear) catcher C&A- Sweet dreams. There where 3 Cds in the pink box set & I brought it.

There where countless tracks I loved, Trinity X- Forever (the harder version, not the radio edit) Culturebeat- Mr Vain Recall, Matt Williams- Fixation & M-Box- Kissing shadows to name a few.

After a while I started to have other CDs & like with all things, listening to it was never like those now well preserved memories of late 2003 of being 16 & out of that horrible school & into the grand & exciting Lansdowne Campus of The Bournemouth & Poole College!

I changed alot of 5 years but my love for music hasn't! Even though my tastes have changed from 'Hard Dance' to 90s Happy Hardcore & then new Upfront Hardcore, to only liking 90s stuff, to Scottish Bouncy Techno (although liked that for a while before I totaly switched over) to the Dutch Gabber/ Happy Gabber & now the very Old Skool Rotterdam!

I must have heard thousands of Hardcore & Dance tracks from the years 1989- present & alot of CDs, compilations, mixes (downloaded), vinyls, mp3s & youtube videos!

Ibiza- History of Hard Dance will always be special to me as it is also a big part of the history of my taste in music!

It is on my I-pod as a special to celebrate the last 5 years!

Anyone ever heard it btw?

Alert moderator

Edited by - Smoogie on 2008/10/07 22:47:25
ceedee1

United Kingdom
122 posts
Posted - 2008/10/08 :  20:07:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ceedee1's homepage
stick with ya mid 90's happy hardcore/bouncy techno mate.....cant go wrong with that ;-D

and a little hardtrance of course ;-)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2008/10/10 :  23:41:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
Having another listen it is amazing about how similar Hardcore is to 'Hard Trance' just Hardcore is faster! Some tunes you can tell that if it was faster it would be Hardcore lol

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/10/11 :  16:08:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
yeh my first was a compilation by the wild group. Wild Gold 2 it was some sweet ass tracks on that. voodoo and serano, faithless, the warp brothers, scot project - O (Overdrive), what a track that was. Paffendorf - where are you, watergate - heart of asia, and who could forget DJ alligator - the whistle song. that was about 4 years ago i think.

Edited by - Lilley on 2008/10/11 16:19:27

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page