Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Jazz

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
JesterDJ has donated money to the site JesterDJ has attended 14 events
Posted - 2008/08/14 :  13:53:55  Show profile Send a private message
Nothing particular to say except this really is a fantastic genre. I've just managed to sit and listen to jazzfm for an hour without even realising it! Just sittin back with head phones on in my big armchair just chillin out to some nice beats.

Really lovely. If any of you here haven't tried that, i strongly suggest you give it a shot, it's brilliant!

Also check out this tune, great track from 3rd Force - Ask Me Why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNu7OuQ8MfE

Enjoy

Help your favourite charity for free - www.everyclick.com

Alert moderator
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/08/14 :  14:09:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
Jazz is awsome mate. 8-) Love it. My mum is a sax player and loves her jazz so I've been brought up around it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2008/08/14 :  14:42:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
Ah class man! How far has she gone with it? Recorded or performed anything?

I'm a great fan of Jazz but i don't have a clue about any titles of performers really. Just great putting on the streaming Jazz and just chillin out to it.

Always enjoy coming home in the early hours of the morning after my bar closes and put it on for an hour or two to wind down before going to bed. Had any playin experience yourself with it?

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/08/14 :  15:41:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
Nah, she just plays it for fun really. Never got into any bands or anything. She should have done really, was good. Is busy with a history degree now though so no time.

I've tried playing her sax and failed massively haha. It's ****ing hard I tell yas. I can play the keyboard a little and that's about it for me instrument wise. ;) I'm not even good at that though. Too busy skate/snow boarding as a kid.

I'm the same mate. Knowledge is lacking but enjoy a good listen.

AxelPanic

United States
285 posts
AxelPanic has attended 6 events
Posted - 2008/08/15 :  06:28:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AxelPanic's homepage
i've been in the school jazz band for two years, then i quit and picked up hardcore. i still listen to my Charlie Parker, Armstrong, Davis, and Monk CD's from time to time.

i played the saxaphone, all of them. then the claranet, then the trumpet, then piano, and lastly the Xponent...

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/08/16 :  01:45:18  Show profile  Send a private message
miss playing jazz...was in two jazz bands in high school...and two orchestras =P

they have an annual jazz fest in indianapolis, isacc hayes came one year. when he went up on the mic he opened with "hello children!" I yelled back "hi chef!"

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2008/08/16 :  04:13:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage
Jazz is my second fav genre next to hardcore. It's hard to describe but I love it. Calm, relaxing, and energetic at the same time, and all of the styles are great too.

This also means "People read."

JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2008/08/17 :  15:28:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
Speaking of Isaac Hayes, I don't know if any of you heard the news that he passed away a short while ago. Last Sunday he suffered a stroke. Very sad. He was a great guy. Shall be missed.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/08/18 :  02:36:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Yeah, heard that Jester. The guy was a god & will never be forgotten:-(

I do like a bit of jazz but I have to admit that my favorite type of music has to be Jazz/Funk! If you haven't heard sum original jazz/funk, I strongly advise u get sum. Now this is sum real music 8-D

protonic

Hungary
297 posts
protonic has attended 24 events
Posted - 2008/09/02 :  13:13:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit protonic's homepage

Dave Brubeck - Take Five
BRILLIANT

Edited by - protonic on 2008/09/02 13:20:45
JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2008/09/02 :  17:28:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
Absolute classic track that one protonic, i've heard it before, but never knew what it was called or who it was by! Nice addition man!

any of the rest of you got some classic jazz tracks that you like, stick some videos up on here and let's learn a bit more about it!

I don't know anywhere near enough Jazz as i would like, i'm a big fan (as i've said) so yea would be great to hear some of your favourites

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2008/09/02 :  18:31:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage
Rents are always listening to Jazz radio stations so hear alot. Some great stuff, some shoddy, same as with every genre of music. Never really know any of the artists or song titles though.

Do love me a bit of Saxophone though. "Gerry Raffery - Baker Street" is one of my all time favourite songs!

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2008/09/02 :  18:41:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Och check the state of this thread is all full of cheesy, generic, commercial jazz . You guys need to get a bit of cecil in your lifes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsZqQttsGrk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bbPX6KYjIs&feature=related

This guy is to jazz what aphex twin is to electronica

FREE JAZZ FOR LIFE

JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2008/09/04 :  08:13:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
FFS, as soon as i saw your name i KNEW that was coming. Piss off with Cecil man, you're over rinsing it!

Besides, good jazz is good jazz, i couldn't give a crap if you think it's "commercial", go an cry about it, ya nonce!

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2008/09/04 :  15:00:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Ok i'll leave you to joss the jazz over the darren styles's of the jazz world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvoT5zqeMo this moose nos the score

UNDERGROUND IS THE SOUND

Edited by - Chris B on 2008/09/04 19:46:30
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2008/09/05 :  02:23:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage
Artie Shaw. Totally brilliant and worth checking out.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page