Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2008/07/28 :  23:41:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
axwell or david guetta

Axwell i am not that keen on, however the Tocadisco remix of I Found U was a quality track!

David Guetta on the other hand has had numerous quality releases!

And no i am not gay, i can just appreciate good music when i hear it:P

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/07/29 :  12:46:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah, you probs wont like to hear this but i'm a huge Funky House fan. In fact I love Funk so much & think it's one of the best genres of music. I can honestly even go as far as saying that my favorite type of music is JazzFunk & I love the feeling & soul that goes into making this stuff especially as it was made in the late 60's early 70's. I'm the most open minded music head ever & never prejudge a type before I really giv it a good, proper listen. If anyone on here was to say that Hardcore is there favorite type of Music, that would be a shame beacuse theres so many styles that made Hardcore possible & these original styles can't be forgotten about!

In a way, that's why a lot of hardcore is very similar now because alot people are taking influence from Hardcore only which, in my opinion, is leaving a lot of Hardcore tracks sounding very similar. If you look back at the real early stuff, Bonkers, Hardcore Heaven, there was a great influence from 80's pop. The vocals, Synths, Percussion ect & the early producers took this & used it for their own scene & created a nu sound. If you don't open your mind to the music of the past, you'll never get in touch with great sounding hardcore. Well that's what I think anyway

AxelPanic

United States
285 posts
AxelPanic has attended 6 events
Posted - 2008/07/29 :  18:12:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AxelPanic's homepage  Reply with quote
ive hear a little myself and though, what is this? good snuff bad beat. this should slowly faze out i think..... probably came from old ye style DJ's.

bLOODY_dAN
Advanced Member

United States
768 posts

30 hardcore releases
bLOODY_dAN has donated money to the site bLOODY_dAN has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/07/30 :  00:20:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bLOODY_dAN's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^Inebriated^^^

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2008/07/30 :  12:22:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Axel, I don't think Funky house will die out anytime soon mate. It's one of those genres that doesn't need to reinvent itself every few years. If you like Funk & you like House you'll like Funky house & that's it. It came from the old Chicago House sound &, in my eyes, has not intention of leaving anytime soon.

Here's a Funky House set that I had recorded a few years ago. This might turn a few of you but probably not LMFAO!

DJ Freddy Funk pres The Funky House Experience
[url][/url]http://www.4shared.com/file/45123200/2725586d/DJ_Freddy_Funk-_Funky_House_Experience_vol_1.html

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2008/07/30 :  12:33:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeh, it's quality stuff but....

....bleh.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

pinkdevil16

United Kingdom
496 posts
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  16:19:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pinkdevil16's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Lets hope they don't speed it up & call it- 'Funky Hardcore'

haha wouldnt be surprised although we already got hardcore remixes of tocas miarcle and septempber-cry for you!

pinkdevil16

United Kingdom
496 posts
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  16:20:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pinkdevil16's homepage  Reply with quote
some of it is ok but yeah couldnt listen to it for a whole night

SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  16:29:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't like it. It's dull & boring. Would bore the hell out of me listening to it for more than 10 mins.

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,521 posts
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  17:01:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage  Reply with quote
Ye i like some of it, i dont care who other who listened to it. i dont identify myself after what music i lsiten to i like lots of diffrent music. but i like deep house much better tho, smooth chilled and nice

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/10/07 :  17:36:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Great sleeping music, yes.

protonic

Hungary
297 posts
protonic has attended 24 events
Posted - 2008/10/11 :  13:22:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit protonic's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Lets hope they don't speed it up & call it- 'Funky Hardcore'

LOL

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page