Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

found this on Radio 2 last night

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/06/25 :  22:55:48  Show profile Send a private message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/musicclub/doc_acidhouse.shtml

this is basically why we are here now listening to hardcore ect! (and i was there lol) its well worth a listen!

Alert moderator
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/06/26 :  08:53:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
Nice find mate. :) I'll give that a listen when I get a sec for sure. Should be interesting.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2008/06/26 :  11:22:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
Nice one for that. Very interesting :)

Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2008/06/27 :  02:45:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage
i heard an advert for it on radio 2 on sunday.

steve wright was on about how everyone who listened to it and who was at them events are now in their 40s and said they'll be playing alot on radio 2.... who knows hopefully if it gets a good response maybe they'll do a show once a week or whatever just playing this stuff... radio 2 would be ideal station to host on.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
Posted - 2008/06/28 :  00:04:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djbrownieboy:

steve wright was on about how everyone who listened to it and who was at them events are now in their 40s and said they'll be playing alot on radio 2.... who knows hopefully if it gets a good response maybe they'll do a show once a week or whatever just playing this stuff... radio 2 would be ideal station to host on.

its doing a lot more than "dance, trance and d&b radio 1 this week!" anyway Radio 2 are doing a dance special for a couple of weeks! I recommend listening to Zoey Balls history of dance this saturday! the first week was the 70's to 87! this week its 88-93 (the golden years of dance music) think its on after 5pm?

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/06/28 :  00:16:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
quote:

its doing a lot more than "dance, trance and d&b radio 1 this week!" anyway Radio 2 are doing a dance special for a couple of weeks! I recommend listening to Zoey Balls history of dance this saturday! the first week was the 70's to 87! this week its 88-93 (the golden years of dance music) think its on after 5pm?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/musicclub/doc_definitivehistory.shtml

Will be checking it out myself.
I honestly had goosebumps all the way through that acid house documentary, wish i'd been born a few years earlier lol.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2008/06/28 :  01:19:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Cheers for link paul mate, absolutely loving early house at minute will give all these a listen when get time.

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
Posted - 2008/06/29 :  01:33:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by The Doc:
quote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/musicclub/doc_definitivehistory.shtml

Will be checking it out myself.
I honestly had goosebumps all the way through that acid house documentary, wish i'd been born a few years earlier lol.

it had its bad points aswell! when i was 17 (1988) I earned £85 a week and an E was £15 if you were lucky! (£10 if you knew a certain mate who was a seller) wiz was at least £10 a wrap aswell! but you will never ever experience that buzz that I and loads of people had when Acid music exploded, ****ing amazing times! especially as I followed the scene into hardcore! BTW anyone remember Baby ford? and Paul Kitchener(he invented mash up mixes, well was the best of his time)

Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2008/06/29 :  23:14:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage
was weed cheap?

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
Posted - 2008/06/29 :  23:24:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
was weed cheap?

w i f!

Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2008/06/29 :  23:34:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage
??

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
Posted - 2008/07/01 :  00:00:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
??

was it f**k

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page