Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2008/05/12 :  16:08:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
It has stayed on the same spot since 2005 & everyone seems to be getting into the classics! Even Freeform seems to be watering itself down lately...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2008/05/12 :  16:56:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
since 2005? try 1999

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2008/05/12 :  19:58:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^ There is good Old Skool Freeform & some older 'Upfront Hardcore' Dougal & Gammer's Fire in the sky & Interstate's Hardcore Hustler being examples & alot of Sharkey's mixes on Bonkers 9-16 have all been good with even a few tracks with hard kicks & breakbeat tracks & even Old Skool influences!

Before 2005 there was sopme artists making some overlooked stuff but since then even they are making softer stuff! It hasn't moved fprward much since 2005 at all (or even since 2003) but I fear that Electro House influences are going to move their way in!

DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2008/05/12 :  21:48:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Sharkey's mix on Bonkers 16 excellent from start to finish its the best CD out of the three.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,502 posts
Posted - 2008/05/12 :  21:51:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Intensity:
Sharkey's mix on Bonkers 16 excellent from start to finish its the best CD out of the three.

I agree, it's what you could call 'Bouncy Freeform' some real beasts there but his mix on Bonkers 17 could have been alot better imo, too many watered down tunes & only a few tracks that really stood out!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/05/13 :  03:09:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Iridescent:
I actually really like hardstyle (not so much jumpstyle) so I never really took a look at harddance. Do you have any YouTube links or something I could watch?

what is the difference between the 2? is hardstyle basically just "harder"? like gabber being harder than uk/upfront hardcore?

DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2008/05/13 :  20:33:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Its tunes like SOS (Save Our Souls), Music Of The Primes few tunes which stand out.

Edited by - DJ-Intensity on 2008/05/13 21:26:56
Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/05/14 :  08:09:36  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I actually really like hardstyle (not so much jumpstyle) so I never really took a look at harddance. Do you have any YouTube links or something I could watch?

what is the difference between the 2? is hardstyle basically just "harder"? like gabber being harder than uk/upfront hardcore?

there isnt all that much difference - jumpstyle is bouncier than hardstyle

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/05/14 :  18:27:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Originally posted by djbrownieboy:
another thing i have been asking myself

where the hell did this 'Bassline' stuff come out off?

seems the past few months now Garage has made an all sudden huge comeback on the dance music scene and this bassline stuff

Bassline has been around for quite a while mate. I like it... I hate COMMERCIAL garage though. They're not that similar.

aye, bassline's been around since at least the early 2000's as far as i know. but that T2 track "Heartbroken" was like the first track released into the mainstream. now you've got shite like that bloody beeper song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oNRVDoEof0M. i suppose that's just how it works though, as soon as "the next big thing" comes through everyone jumps on the band wagon to make as much out of it as they can.

i did like bassline when it first came through into the mainstream, i didn't like the "heartbroken" tune mind, but it was like a fad and like all fads i just got bored after a few weeks. a few people i know though have been into it for years now, but to me all the tunes just sound bland.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Edited by - Meathead on 2008/05/14 18:46:20
kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2008/05/14 :  19:25:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
'is hardcore finnished?' we can only hope!!

why dont you go listen to some crappy emo music then?

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2008/05/14 :  20:05:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by uncle Google:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

there isnt all that much difference - jumpstyle is bouncier than hardstyle

and hardstyle has more "thump" to it.
also hardstyle is slightly more original than jump (even though both styles liberally help themselves of other style's samples, classic tracks and so on).

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/05/15 :  17:34:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meathead:
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Originally posted by djbrownieboy:
another thing i have been asking myself

where the hell did this 'Bassline' stuff come out off?

seems the past few months now Garage has made an all sudden huge comeback on the dance music scene and this bassline stuff

Bassline has been around for quite a while mate. I like it... I hate COMMERCIAL garage though. They're not that similar.

aye, bassline's been around since at least the early 2000's as far as i know. but that T2 track "Heartbroken" was like the first track released into the mainstream. now you've got shite like that bloody beeper song: http://youtube.com/watch?v=oNRVDoEof0M. i suppose that's just how it works though, as soon as "the next big thing" comes through everyone jumps on the band wagon to make as much out of it as they can.

i did like bassline when it first came through into the mainstream, i didn't like the "heartbroken" tune mind, but it was like a fad and like all fads i just got bored after a few weeks. a few people i know though have been into it for years now, but to me all the tunes just sound bland.

it's a cool song but it's ur typical club song in the US (having a hint of hiphop, which sux)

Roberticus
Advanced Member

Finland
697 posts
Posted - 2008/05/16 :  08:20:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Roberticus's homepage  Reply with quote
I've been lately listening mostly to hardstyle (Thank you DI.fm for that stream!) and jumpstyle, and steered away from UK Hardcore... (I feel like a traitor for saying that )

But IMO Hardcore is atm just high pitched noise with bass... "bip bip BIP bup" in strange combinations, nothing for me.

I will one day go to Qlimax, since Qlimax 2007 looked great! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPk_FUr9TV8
This video got made me want to go there.

As for difference between Jumpstyle and Hardstyle..
My take: Listen to these two
Jumpstyle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiVREoHRUl0

Hardstyle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSKrwEOck24

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2008/05/16 :  12:17:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage  Reply with quote
I still can't get over how much those two styles have stolen from old gabber.
Fiddle with the speed a bit and compare em to old gabber and you'll see there's little to no difference in some cases :p

Roberticus
Advanced Member

Finland
697 posts
Posted - 2008/05/16 :  12:42:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Roberticus's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll do once I get home. :) Got any good examples of old gabber?

Funny, my work tempo rises when I listen to Gabber :P

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page