Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Infected Mushroom & Ventian Snares

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ_Axiom
Advanced Member

United States
824 posts
DJ_Axiom has attended 2 events
Posted - 2008/04/13 :  16:19:54  Show profile Send a private message  Visit DJ_Axiom's homepage
Any you guys listen to these two groups as well? I listened to Infected Mushrooms new album recently and I thought it was pretty damn awesome.

Venetian Snares Ive always been a big fan of. I played a game called Stepmania for about 3 years of my life and a lot of the good files were Venetian Snares songs.

Thoughts?

http://www.facebook.com/benahm07

North American Hardcore Movement

Alert moderator
Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2008/04/13 :  17:28:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
IM is good on occassion.
Snares kicks ass, very diverse breakcore, his sets are hit-or-miss though

Alert moderator Go to top of page
JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
JesterDJ has donated money to the site JesterDJ has attended 14 events
Posted - 2008/04/13 :  18:01:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
actually well with knightmare on this one. Infected Mushroom, supreme skills, and as great as Venetian Snares can be, sometimes the sets can hit the repetitive side of things, and that says a lot coming from me coz I absolutely love my breaks. Both fantastic though!

Help your favourite charity for free - www.everyclick.com

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2008/04/13 :  18:52:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PBeKzVhWHY = class venetian snares

cant wait for some madness at weekender to this

DJ_Axiom
Advanced Member

United States
824 posts
Posted - 2008/04/14 :  03:09:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_Axiom's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PBeKzVhWHY = class venetian snares

cant wait for some madness at weekender to this

Hell yea, you know where its at. Szamar Madar is ****ing SICK. Szerencsétlen is my other favorite song by them...ridiculous the amount of stuff that is going on in these songs.

Edited by - DJ_Axiom on 2008/04/14 03:11:00
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2008/04/14 :  10:09:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
Both are great. :) IM are a bit on the commercial side at times but still make some fantastic music.

Pope C XXIII
Advanced Member

United States
1,935 posts
Posted - 2008/04/18 :  00:32:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pope C XXIII's homepage
Venetian Snares is a living god (even if I don't like his more drill n bass oriented stuff), and IM are the very definition of wasted talent. Their technical skills are absolutely amazing, and their early stuff is very, very good, but they got more boring and poppy as time moved on.

Hardcore & trance inna oldskool style

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2008/04/18 :  00:37:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
Dont really no much about infected mushroom but enjoyed them at dancevalley 2005.

Wee tiny psy trance room was pretty quiet with numbers all day then when they came on was packed out, not normally my thing but at time really hit the spot and was wild atmosphere in that room whenever i went in the weekend.

SixFeet
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,285 posts
Posted - 2008/04/18 :  15:26:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SixFeet's homepage
I love Infected Mushroom but not a big fan of their last album "Vicious Delicious" but the video for the radio release of "Becoming Insane" is awesome, reminds me of the film "Fight Club".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hL6fkJ1_k

Their album "I'm the Supervisor" is one of my favourite albums going.

sora.slx

Australia
324 posts
Posted - 2008/04/27 :  11:43:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sora.slx's homepage
What album would you recommend by Venetian Snares ? I really loved szamar madar.

DJ_Axiom
Advanced Member

United States
824 posts
Posted - 2008/04/27 :  19:40:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_Axiom's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sora.slx:
What album would you recommend by Venetian Snares ? I really loved szamar madar.

Alot of there albums were good, but I remember one I liked the most was Rossz Csillag Alatt Született. Its got Szamar Madar on it and a bunch of other crazy ass songs.

Btw, I think Im going to the Infected Mushroom concert at Webster Hall on July 5th in New York. Im pretty hyped about that since I cant get into raves at clubs yet lol.

JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2008/04/28 :  19:53:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
please delete chris b logged in as jester

Edited by - JesterDJ on 2008/04/28 19:55:08
JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2008/04/28 :  19:54:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
Please delete chris b logged on as jester

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2008/04/28 :  19:55:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
After seein the guy live this weekend i have to say am totally gobsmacked at how amazing venetian snares can be.

Started with usual breakbeat madness then finished with some of the most savage speedcore have ever heard. 350 bpm madness with the usual snares high standard of production, random twists and generally just a cut above most others.

10/10

JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2008/04/30 :  00:04:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Chris B:
After seein the guy live this weekend i have to say am totally gobsmacked at how amazing venetian snares can be.

Started with usual breakbeat madness then finished with some of the most savage speedcore have ever heard. 350 bpm madness with the usual snares high standard of production, random twists and generally just a cut above most others.

10/10

Fooking yes... Bangface weekender was incredible but it was thanks to this man, that i had to have two changes of underwear in one evening because his stuff was seriously incredible.

Not heard anything like it for a long time so was an absolute pleasure to be there. His whole set was brilliant but it was the last 20-30 minutes that was the most mind -blowing. He just went into this mental chopping/cutting with the fades that just worked so perfectly, i literally went silent when he was doing it i was just in awe.

You all missed out. I'm telling you. Sorry! (not just Venetian though, EVERYTHING!)

ahh one other thing, there was an old skool pool party on the second day courtesy of Dave Skywalker which was absolutely immense (shame i was dying of this cold, but i still well enjoyed it) here's a link to the video; now start getting jealous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOcbKeQx20

sora.slx

Australia
324 posts
Posted - 2008/05/04 :  15:19:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sora.slx's homepage
Just got my hands on "Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Alatt Született" and freaking loving the album. This is the sort of music style that i've really been wanting to listen more of. By any chance would anyone in their opinion recommend another great venetian snares album?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page