Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

RECESS 3 / JULY 20 / ATLANTA.GA

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
spunkie

25 posts
Posted - 2002/06/04 :  11:18:47  Show profile Send a private message  Visit spunkie's homepage
On Saturday July 20th come celebrate two years of hardcore in Atlanta!!

Playground proudly presents…

oO| RECESS 3 | TWO YEAR BIRTHDAY BASH |Oo

For our two-year anniversary we are going all out! Three rooms of sound featuring some of the most sought after DJs and MCs in the North American hardcore scene! The Main arena will feature all of the different styles of hardcore including happy, NRG, nu old skool, freeform and gabber! The second arena will be dedicated to the sounds of old skool – early hardcore/dnb! Lastly, the outside arena will showcase the entire Playground crew!

oO| HARDCORE HEADLINERS |Oo

SPREE [Sonic Fury, ESDJ – Minneapolis.MN]
This man needs no introduction! He has been ripping up dance floors from coast to coast, and he has quickly become an Atlanta favorite! His amazing scratching techniques and wicked track selection have kept him at the top! Teamed up with MC ADB they are unstoppable!! Don’t miss the two set stomper- he’ll be playing both a hardcore set and an old skool set!

KID ICARUS [Prototype Industries – Dallas.TX]
Give it up for Kid Icarus! This August he will be playing EVERY Saturday in Ibiza! You don’t want to miss his performance at Recess 3 because he will be dropping some of his own tracks for this special night along with some of the most banging UK hardhouse and NRG you have ever heard!

BEZERKER [Ruffneck Playaz Crew – Washington DC]
He played at the first Recess two years ago, and now he is back and ready to tear it up! Bezerker is the founder of the Ruffneck Playaz Crew, which showcases some of the best hardcore talent from the east coast. He also runs Sessions-1 radio.

ENTROPY [Cheese Step Recordings – Boston.MA]
The master at blending all the different styles together! He plays it all from DNB and hardcore to new old skool! For this night Entropy will be playing two sets - one in the main room and one in the old skool room!

CLOUDSKIPPER [Sonic Fury – Lexington.KY]
Welcome Cloudskipper back for his second Atlanta appearance! His superb mixing skills and unique stage hype have made him one of the most popular hardcore DJs in North America.

GUY SMILEE [Get Along Gang, Ruff Neck Playaz Crew – Rochester.NY]
Who else can scratch with their foot? Guy will blow you away not only with his wicked mixing skills but also with his ability to use almost any body-part to scratch!

LITE BRITE [Ruff Neck Playaz Crew – Providence.RI]
One of the very few female hardcore DJs in North America! She made her first Atlanta appearance at Elation, and she is back and ready to prove why girls are hardcore!

THA ILL CRACKAH [Ruff Neck Playaz Crew – Greensboro.NC]
The one and only! Guaranteed to give you an unforgettable drunken performance! Tha Ill Crackah rocks the hard beats like none other - gabber to terrorcore to breakcore to whateveriamplayingatthetimecore!

oO| VOCAL ENCOMPANYMENT |Oo

MC ADB [Sonic Fury – Lincoln.NE]
Teamed up with Spree and the Sonic Fury Crew ADB has been moving dance floors nation wide! His unique hardcore energy can’t be imitated!

MC JUMPER [Ruff Neck Playaz Crew - Rochester.NY]
Jumper is one of the most in demand hardcore MCs in the United States. He has MCed for everybody from Brisk to Bezerker to his upstate New York partner Guy Smilee! He is ready to hype you up and make you move!

oO| THE ATLANTA CREW |Oo

HAZEUS [Satellite, Trilogy, Ardcore Antics – Atlanta.GA]
One of the founding fathers of the Atlanta DNB scene will be throwing back to the old skool for this special night! Don’t miss a very rare from Hazeus as he plays at his first Playground event!

ROGER [Freak Force, propagandadnb.com, Iris – Atlanta.GA]
Get ready to see one of Atlanta’s favorite DNB DJ’s dropping the sounds of the old skool! Join Roger for a flashback to the roots of it all!

KID DYNAMITE [Playground – Atlanta.GA]

SHARC [Sharc Tank, Vinyl Boy, Playground – Atlanta.GA]

PROXIMAL [Playground – Atlanta.GA]

HERO [Playground, djhero.com – Atlanta.GA]

IAN SECT [Playground, Neagtive Cycle – Atlanta.GA]

TOTO [Playground – Atlanta.GA]

WARHEAD [Playground – Atlanta.GA]

SPUNKIE [Playground – Atlanta.GA]

MC MA [Playground – Atlanta.GA]

MC ZUBU [unifieddream.com – Atlanta.GA]

oO| IMPORTANT INFO |Oo

PRICE:
Only $20 at the Door

AGES:
Strictly 18+ with Valid ID

DOORS:
10:00pm – 6:00am

GUESTLIST:
Please submit guest list inquiries by July 18th

FREEBIES:
Tons of free giveaways all night long!
Fun Inflatables!
Urban Decorations!

FLYER:
Flyer Front: http://www.happyhardcore.org/images/recess3_front.jpg
Flyer Back: http://www.happyhardcore.org/images/recess3_back.jpg

For more info visit http://www.happyhardcore.org

VENUE:
The Globe Theatre
1599-D Memorial Drive
Atlanta, GA 30317
http://www.globetheatreatlanta.com

DIRECTIONS:
From the North – Take I-75 or I-85 south to downtown Atlanta, and then take I-20 east. Exit at Moreland Avenue (60-B) and got to the first stop light. Turn right at the light onto Memorial Drive, and the venue is 1/2 mile down on the right.
From the South – Take I-75 or I-85 north to downtown Atlanta, and then take I-20 east. Exit at Moreland Avenue (60-B) and got to the first stop light. Turn right at the light onto Memorial Drive, and the venue is 1/2 mile down on the right.
From the East – Take I-20 west towards Atlanta. Exit at Moreland Avenue (60-B) and got to the first stop light. Turn right at the light onto Memorial Drive, and the venue is 1/2 mile down on the right.
From the West – Take I-20 east towards Atlanta. Exit at Moreland Avenue (60-B) and got to the first stop light. Turn right at the light onto Memorial Drive, and the venue is 1/2 mile down on the right.

FUTURE EVENTS:
August 24th – Canadian headliner!

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HARDCORE SCENE!

Alert moderator
Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/06/04 :  13:24:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage
hmm..I may have to take a trip to atlanta for this...

PLUR - People.Look.Ugly.Rollin :)~
I wish I had a fan club...will you be my friend? :)

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions in St.Louis *Fully representing the Underground*
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

AIM: JmeHHC or Jaide0123

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2002/06/05 :  08:30:57  Show profile  Send a private message
GOD DAMN IT!!!!!! right when i move to minnesota from atlanta this shit happens. SHit, i need to get back home fer this event, spunkies parties are always off the hook!!!!!!

"Ravers don't fall, they trip and roll."

DJ_Solstice

United Kingdom
290 posts

56 hardcore releases
DJ_Solstice has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/11 :  07:52:01  Show profile  Send a private message
i hope ya got a fake id mate! like it sed on the flyers, strictly 18+ and ur only 17! i tried to get into a rave in atlanta when i was there in march, cos im only 17, (18 on july 4th yay!) and they didnt let me in, i blagged and blagged but they were havin none of it! all i can say is good luck!

(hehe but my mate here in the uk is wicked at makin fake id's so hes made me an photo id card that sez im 21 so wen i come back to atlanta in august, ill be able to go to the next rave there and get a beer too :D )

we are the children of the night, we fight for the future of our nation, lets come together and unite, nothings gonna stop us now!

spunkie

25 posts
Posted - 2002/07/14 :  09:03:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit spunkie's homepage
only 1 week left!

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page