Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Squishy Star
Advanced Member

United States
2,242 posts
Squishy Star has attended 15 events
Posted - 2008/01/17 :  12:00:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Squishy Star's homepage  Reply with quote
shady promoters for sure!
when was the last time you were in new york anyways; wasn't at fuhk the prejudice 2 in 2004 was it?? =O mad long ago.

and if you're on about a gig in march or april; candyball perhaps?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
novaboy
Advanced Member

Australia
1,319 posts
Posted - 2008/01/17 :  12:20:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit novaboy's homepage  Reply with quote
Novaball

RaversOnly

United States
25 posts
Posted - 2008/01/19 :  18:04:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaversOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna-C:
I know people will be disappointed, but the promoters have renegaded on the contract.

The USA has become a very difficult place to play, unfortunately.
There are a lot of shady promoters, who make agreements & sign contracts, then delay paying a deposit until you arrive at the venue. Experience has taught me that once it gets to that point, you are unlikely to be paid at all. You all know I dont do this for money - but I hate to be messed about and treated that way while my name is used to line other peoples pockets.

I am not saying these promoters are shady, but by breaking contract, I can no longer trust them, so I wont play.

I am looking at a gig in March or April in New York, by a trusted promoter who I have played for before.

While I am all locked up for all of 08, we shall have to talk about you coming out for one of my Candyballs! You won't find a better party on the east coast to spin a HHC set, trust me on that.

Sorry to hear they did not abide by the contract, while I know the crew I don't know them well enough to say forget your contract and trust them.

Totally sucks cause this is the first time I have seen the flyer and I got excited thinking I might go to see you spin. Anyway, I know Prophet pretty well so I am sure you and I will do some business in the future and I will get you spinning to a proper crowd here in NYC who will go crazy for your set.

Smoke

tklown
Advanced Member

United States
512 posts
tklown has attended 15 events
Posted - 2008/01/20 :  23:20:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tklown's homepage  Reply with quote
Pretty much exactly what smoke said, she's a pretty cool promoter, thrown a bunch of small parties before, had some headliners, never heard bad things about her.

I probably won't bother going now that Luna-C isn't playing, oh well. Ironically enough, FTP2 was my first rave too, haha.

Squishy Star
Advanced Member

United States
2,242 posts
Squishy Star has attended 15 events
Posted - 2008/01/21 :  00:13:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Squishy Star's homepage  Reply with quote
lol and also the rave that rejected me.

good times. haha

tklown
Advanced Member

United States
512 posts
tklown has attended 15 events
Posted - 2008/01/23 :  02:35:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tklown's homepage  Reply with quote
Security that night were *******s. The few times I went Shelter security weren't very cool at all.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.02 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page