Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

anyone heard any good hardstyle lately?

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  06:51:45  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
i don't keep up on this genre, wondered if there is anyone who sticks out as being really good lately? (if anyone here listens to that kinda stuff here)

cheers.

ps - if "hardstyle is shit" comments can just be avoided altogether, that would be amazing. we already know how cool and elite you are for being close-minded to other genres.

Alert moderator
TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  07:16:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
I don't know where at in Canada you are, but Hardstyle in the states is beginning to take off really. I know on the East Coast in New York a lot of dj's are coming up, and where I live in Seattle there are a few dj's that are tearing it up. To name a few in the Seattle area, Adam Sin, Gabriel, Check 6, Dj Wheelz, and a local producer/dj named IanK (whom of which plays special Hardstyle sets of his own tracks from time to time). Where I live there is also a local forum that you may be able to contact those dj's and maybe score some promotional mixes. If you PM me, I could give you the web address to that forum.

Cheers!

Bobby

Alert moderator Go to top of page
bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  09:12:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
I much proffered the early stuff (before it turned into slow nu-style) but there is still plenty good stuff knocking about.

I'll dig out some of my stuff see if I can give a few suggestions! Don't remember much off the top of my head as I don't really follow it that closely anymore.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  12:50:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I much proffered the early stuff (before it turned into slow nu-style)

Damn right! The slow Nu Style stuff isn't the same at all!

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  13:07:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
IMO green force has been releasing alot of good stuff as has BLQ

Check on discogs label such as Dutch masters works, scantraxx, fusion, zanzatraxx

There is alot of crap now, i much prefered the older stuff also but i am feeling these labels and there relases are usually banging)

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  13:19:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
there's good Hardstyle?????

(and yes, I enjoy being an elitist bastard :D)

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  14:13:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Knightmare:

Well at l;east there was 4 decent replies before the above knob head replied:)

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  15:31:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by __CMC__:
quote:
Originally posted by Knightmare:

Well at l;east there was 4 decent replies before the above knob head replied:)

if you would have been on here longer than a few months you'd understand my grievances, jackass.

Mad Max
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,017 posts

281 hardcore releases
Mad Max has attended 26 events
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  16:31:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mad Max's homepage
for me Slideout is the man at the mo. now he knows how to make a bassline

The Free of Form Show Every Thursday 7-9pm gmt

Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  16:59:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
cool. thanks for the suggestions guys.

how did i know there would be one of those comments. it's like clockwork and never fails.

"someone likes something that i don't listen to?" *insert snippy/smart assed comment about genre of subject*

children...

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  18:04:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by alex_e:
cool. thanks for the suggestions guys.

how did i know there would be one of those comments. it's like clockwork and never fails.

"someone likes something that i don't listen to?" *insert snippy/smart assed comment about genre of subject*

children...

hey, you were asking for it by explicitly asking ppl not to...
I usually don't even touch hardstyle topics anymore but this was just plain provocation ;)

and lighten the **** up ppl, please

Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  18:12:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
you could do with a dose of your own advice, pal.

i don't wanna pull out that old "if you don't have anything nice to say..." line, but i'm getting sick of people shitting on other genre's that don't happen to be their favourite.

if you don't happen to like hardstyle... keep it to yourself. it's not my favourite either, but there is something good to be said about each and every genre whether you wanna admit it or not.

:D

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  18:24:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Well I'll now put my big feet in and say that Knightmare is a very open minded chap when it comes to all walks of life and not just music.....He was taking the pee, because you specifically requested not to recieve any negative comments. I have known the chap through this forum for many years now and his posts and attitude towards others is excellent.

I'm sure we can all play nicely and enjoy each others personalities.

So get on with it!

Back to Hardstyle....

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2007/10/10 :  18:26:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by alex_e:
you could do with a dose of your own advice, pal.

i don't wanna pull out that old "if you don't have anything nice to say..." line, but i'm getting sick of people shitting on other genre's that don't happen to be their favourite.

if you don't happen to like hardstyle... keep it to yourself. it's not my favourite either, but there is something good to be said about each and every genre whether you wanna admit it or not.

:D

and would you please point out the exact frase where I shitted on hardstyle here?
I asked a ****ing question, a genuine one because all I've ever heard of hardstyle is weak rehashed shit from back in the 90's. Instead of answering my goddamn question you start spewing shit about knobheads, intollerance and whatnot.
In this particular thread I haven't even said anything genuinely offensive YET but you and mister CMC start acting like I just called your favorite genre a load of uninspired shit made by retards who barely know how to make a tune of their own.

goddamn, you ****ers on your periods or something?

at the mods:sorry, if you wanna kick because of this then fine but I just had to get it off my chest.

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/10/11 :  01:23:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
Knightmare is a class fella, I got his back

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2007/10/11 :  11:52:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyRitalin:
Knightmare is a class fella, I got his back

apreciate it :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page