Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

alex kidd

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  14:12:13  Show profile Send a private message
at raverssential the other week, i accidently wondered into the hard house room (sundisential) and alex kidd was just starting his set, ive heard his name mentioned before but ive never heard him play, anyway i didnt leave that room till his set was finishes cus it was fuc*in bangin n the place was rockin. so does anyone else like this guy or ma i just a saddo

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  16:29:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
I was at that event, and that set (which i'd planned), and your not wrong, it was ****ing fat, it really really was. I love Hardstyle!

If your a saddo for liking that then i don't know what's wrong with the world, and i'll happily be one with you!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Hard2Get on 2007/09/17 18:08:26
HardCore Latina
Advanced Member

United States
611 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  16:35:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardCore Latina's homepage
I do agree, Hardstyle is pretty dope. Best Genre to workout to

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  17:24:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
I have the good greef album (think it is the 3rd) mixed by him and yoji biomehanika, both discs were good in there day but his was much better.

I ain't saw him live but would love to!

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Jax has donated money to the site Jax has attended 6 events
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  17:36:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage
Alex Kidd is a mint dj, he knows exactly how to hype up a crowd and the tunes he plays are always mint

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  19:35:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I was at that event, and that set (which i'd planned), and your not wrong, it was ****ing fat, it really really was. I love Hardstyle!

If your a saddo for liking that then i don't know what's wrong with the world, and i'll happily be one with you!

so it was a hardstyle set was it?? didnt realise that cus ive never been bothered bout hard house or hardstyle before, but u can bet ill be taking more interest in it now lol, i just downloaded a wicked hardhouse set from billy bunter on ush.net, ****in wicked

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  20:13:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

so it was a hardstyle set was it?? didnt realise that cus ive never been bothered bout hard house or hardstyle before, but u can bet ill be taking more interest in it now lol, i just downloaded a wicked hardhouse set from billy bunter on ush.net, ****in wicked

Yeah it was. Although i'd never heard it played out before at a rave, but always wanted to. It sounded even better than i imagined it would!

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  22:19:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah it was. Although i'd never heard it played out before at a rave, but always wanted to. It sounded even better than i imagined it would!

He plays more hard trance influenced hardstyle though, the propper hardstyle is what zany plays and that sounds insane on a big rig. i think a bit of both is great, too much of one style and it gets very boring

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  22:29:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
ill check this zany out, cheers

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  22:39:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage
ive got an old style (quite hard) mix here http://djjaxon.com/mixes/Hardstylemix1.zip

and my mates got a alex kidd style hardstyle mix here http://www.djlocky.com/downloads/click.php?id=29

ive got a few alex kidd mixes on my pc too, give me a shout if u want me to upload them

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  22:47:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
thanks for them jax, i just downloaded a zany mix off livesets, soundin good so far, would be cool if u uploaded the alex kidd sets

SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  23:03:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
A definate saddo i think. Na seriously never heard of him!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  23:19:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jax:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He plays more hard trance influenced hardstyle though, the propper hardstyle is what zany plays and that sounds insane on a big rig. i think a bit of both is great, too much of one style and it gets very boring

Yeah i know what you mean, but the prob (for me) with alot of the stuff that Zany etc play is that its essentialy Nu Style Gabber at a slower speed. I prefer the more Trancy stuff to that actually. The best stuff though is the really hard stuff that uses extremely filthy kicks and leads, which seems to be the older stuff that isn't around much anymore!
From what i was hearing on the night he was definately playing the more filthy stuff!

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2007/09/17 23:24:54
Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  23:41:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jax:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah i know what you mean, but the prob (for me) with alot of the stuff that Zany etc play is that its essentialy Nu Style Gabber at a slower speed. I prefer the more Trancy stuff to that actually. The best stuff though is the really hard stuff that uses extremely filthy kicks and leads, which seems to be the older stuff that isn't around much anymore!
From what i was hearing on the night he was definately playing the more filthy stuff!

Filth is mint on a clear soundsystem

Jax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,676 posts
Posted - 2007/09/17 :  23:43:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jax's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by HardCore Latina:
I do agree, Hardstyle is pretty dope. Best Genre to workout to

so thats where ive been going wrong!

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/09/18 :  06:31:43  Show profile  Send a private message