Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Checkout NEW Track! DJ Narcotik- The Wave

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2007/08/01 :  18:33:55  Show profile Send a private message
Checkout NEW Track! DJ Narcotik- The Wave

Feedback is always appreciated! Cheers!

DJ Narcotik- The Wave
[url][/url]http://www.4shared.com/file/21130876/91654583/DJ_Narcotik-_The_Wave.html

Alert moderator
Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/08/01 :  23:24:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
Cool drum loop.

Musically it's cool, I like the dreamy riff. But you're about at the same level of production as I am. :D

Breakdown drags on I think, not enough variation in the breakdown. But, I like your style.

However, the drums need another element on top of them to bring the track up. And those pads don't really suit this track IMO.

Second breakdown, nice filtering, although it was an abrupt movement to the actual breakdown.

I would put a high pass on the drums to counteract the low pass synth, at least as the drums are being re-introduced. I like that bass though.

Ew, the pads are off. The mixdown needs some serious work. I want more percussion and less pads.

In terms of the main sections, it has a nice little groove. But it lacks clarity. Again, that has a lot to do with the mixdown. Not bad though.

It also doesn't really progress or go anywhere too much.

Then again, I'm overly critical and am just starting producing, so I can't say that I could have made anything better.

Keep it up!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2007/08/02 :  18:16:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Thanx for the feedback Leto! Much appreciated mate! Haven't been producing for long, jst got reason about a month ago so I think i'm gettin much better you know. I run my PC through my seperate Marantz stereo so it's quite difficult to perfect the frequencys but I mainly concentrate on creating some nu ideas & techniques before finalising the end product. What about yourself mate? You managed to produce anything so far? Cheers!

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Posted - 2007/08/02 :  23:05:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
I have, and my advice is to not use Reason for your main production suite.

Use FL studio or something like that. Reason has not VST support. I have it to make vintage sounds, but I use Logic to produce.

Not to say that my level of production is better than yours, but Reason is severely limited in many respects.

Here's a project I'm working on:

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35653

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2007/08/03 :  18:17:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
yeah, you're right mate! quite hard to get that new style hardcore sound from reason.

Tracks sounding good mate! got that hardcore feelin, just needs something to come out & punch you in the face you know real in your face sounds that raise hardcore up!

Keep up to good work mate!

I've got a hardcore track i've been working on but was trying to go back to the 95-96 era. will get it uploaded a.s.a.p mate

Pope C XXIII
Advanced Member

United States
1,935 posts
Posted - 2007/08/03 :  21:55:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pope C XXIII's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by narcotik:
yeah, you're right mate! quite hard to get that new style hardcore sound from reason.

Unless you're Alek Szahala.

But then again, I'm pretty sure he could cure cancer, turn lead into gold, and end world hunger with Reason if he set his mind to it.

Hardcore & trance inna oldskool style

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Posted - 2007/08/03 :  23:38:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
He uses Reason?

HOLY SHIT!

Are you sure he doesn't just use Reason as an instrument or as a launch pad like most normal humans?

Pope C XXIII
Advanced Member

United States
1,935 posts
Posted - 2007/08/04 :  17:22:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pope C XXIII's homepage
I'm pretty sure he uses Reason almost exclusively.

Hardcore & trance inna oldskool style

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page