Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/10/28 :  01:09:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meph751:
Over 20 days ago:

quote:
Originally posted by Meph751:
Chicago is in Illinois, and according to the flier on that myspace it's 1.5hours from Chicago.

&
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
North Illinois, by the Wisconsin border.

Yeah, everyone saw that. I'm on the west side of the city, and (with traffic) it will take me a solid 45 minutes to an hour to get to the border. I have been to parties in the past that were at the border and were advertised as being "1.5 hours from Chicago". This party is not even in Illinois and is actually about 100 miles past the Illinois / Wisconsin border. My hat is off to anyone who can make that drive in 1.5 hours.

You also have to understand that Chicago promoters have long been notorious for falsely advertising party locations in order to boost pre-sale ticket numbers in the city, which only adds to the scepticism of the older party goers.

One of the promoters was also boasting that this venue is "100% bust free", citing that "police can not enter the venue without a warrant under any circumstances". This again is a raises a red flag, as anyone who has ever been to or been involved with a party knows that this is an incredibly ignorant statement. Local authorities (especially in a small town in Wisconsin) can and will do whatever is needed to stop anything that is remotely associated with the word "rave".

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Xenochrome on 2006/10/28 01:56:50
Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/10/28 :  02:27:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage  Reply with quote
Ahh that sucks. :(

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/10/28 :  02:37:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage  Reply with quote
There have also been a few "implied" threats by other promoters to notify local police of an illegal "rave" and "rampant drug use". Not an uncommon tactic, but enough to make me not want to go.

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2006/10/28 :  03:08:33  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage  Reply with quote
This should be an interesting weekend then, quite a mission, but i have no doubt it'll still be a blast!

NATO

United States
29 posts

195 hardcore releases
NATO has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/10/30 :  01:24:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NATO's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok this party...holy crap!

I have to say this is honestly one of the best parties ive ever been to. The cold was the only damper on it but every artist that I saw completely destroyed the place. Got to see a lot of styles that I normally wouldnt listen to at a party and I was quite surprised at how much good stuff is out there.

I have to give a shout out to Adam/Enthrax for once again bringing my brother and I out to another of his great shows.

Milo, I wish we had more time to chat. Hopefully we can hangout at another party at some point. It was a huge pleasure to meet you. You completely destroyed the place!

Jimini Cricket, again I wish we had more time to talk a bit. Meant to find both you and Milo after your sets but then got sidetracked by freezing feet and hands. Maybe someone will bring you back to the midwest at some point and we can talk for a while there. Loved the old skool/new skool/breakbeat/drum n bass set.

Was really happy to see some familiar faces out there. It made for a more comfortable night on stage.

Thanks to anyone and everyone that stayed late enough to see my brother and I on stage at the 3am-4am timeslot. It felt like the 4-5 slot and it kindof was...didnt get our set recorded unfortunately, but its ok, half way through the set my hands froze and the mixing wasnt so good after that...oh well, still had a GREAT time.

Maximum Choonage

[email protected]

jimnicricket
Advanced Member

United States
533 posts
Posted - 2006/10/31 :  21:17:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimnicricket's homepage  Reply with quote
thanks~ `mew it was mega fun~ so good to meet all the nwpeeps and omg so much fun was had~~~

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page