Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
DannyCostello

United Kingdom
80 posts
DannyCostello has attended 3 events
Posted - 2006/06/02 :  14:20:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DannyCostello's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll be goin one way or another, should be an amazing event

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Chris Deeside
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
532 posts
Chris Deeside has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/06/03 :  18:46:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris Deeside's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flashkick:
Is there an age limit to Hardcore til I die 15?

Thinking of traveling from Norway :)

yeah

18 +

katrinar50
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
822 posts
katrinar50 has donated money to the site katrinar50 has attended 37 events
Posted - 2006/06/16 :  22:54:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit katrinar50's homepage  Reply with quote
Well I was going to this - got my tickets sorted and all! But have just found out that Hastings Pier has been closed down today!! Building condemed as unsafe!

HTID are in the process of searching for a new venue. Fingers crossed cos I had the weekend sorted for babysitting! :-(

Kat

Lovenation vs Poison Rain - Beautiful Day - Tune!!! - That I will not be buying as it is a JAL track! :-(((

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2006/06/17 :  02:38:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^ Fooks sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope they keep it in Sussex, because that's where i'll be staying in that weekend.

jimbooo

Australia
66 posts
jimbooo has attended 6 events
Posted - 2006/06/17 :  08:40:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
... How is Dougal doing a set there when he is doing a set in sydney on the same night? check the Utopia United thread

Or am I missing something and there are 2 Dougals?

Chris Deeside
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
532 posts
Posted - 2006/06/17 :  15:52:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris Deeside's homepage  Reply with quote
hmmm

well seens u lot are 12 hours ahead of us

he cud do a set , fly back over an have plenty of time left before his htid set

katrinar50
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
822 posts
katrinar50 has donated money to the site katrinar50 has attended 37 events
Posted - 2006/06/18 :  04:52:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit katrinar50's homepage  Reply with quote
Apparently Hixxy is looking a 2 venues in Brighton on Tuesday so we will know more then.

Lovenation vs Poison Rain - Beautiful Day - Tune!!! - That I will not be buying as it is a JAL track! :-(((

jimbooo

Australia
66 posts
jimbooo has attended 6 events
Posted - 2006/06/18 :  05:29:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Deeside:
hmmm

well seens u lot are 12 hours ahead of us

he cud do a set , fly back over an have plenty of time left before his htid set

Hahaha thats pretty impossible. Even if he could get a flight, his set would finish sometime around 2-3 in the morning in Sydney and nothing can arrive or depart the Airport until 6 because of noise restrictions. Then he'd have a 22 hour flight from hell ahead of him (i've done it a few times) Then he'd have to get to sussex and start his set there by 12:45, i.e. BEFORE he would have started his set at Utopia.

Actually this is definitely impossible.

Someone screwed up.

Chris Deeside
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
532 posts
Posted - 2006/06/18 :  16:03:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris Deeside's homepage  Reply with quote
oh right 22 hour flight, i thought it was 12 lol

my bad

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/06/18 :  17:34:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah just to confirm, taken from 'Hastings Today':

quote:
Shock closure of Hastings Pier
HASTINGS Pier has been condemned, the Hastings Observer has learned.
A structural survey of the Victorian structure found it to be in danger of 'imminent collapse'.
In a shock move on Friday afternoon, Hastings Council ordered the pier be shut indefinitely.
The survey was ordered two weeks ago by public safety bosses, who noticed large chunks of metal were falling from rusted support beams on to the beach.
Although the pier is owned privately, the council can close down any venue if it is unsafe.
It could spell disaster for the numerous small businesses on the pier, including shops, bars, restaurants and beauty salons, as many do most of their trade during the summer months.
Gigs and events due to be held in the pier ballroom, including a performance by rising pop stars The Kooks in August, will have to be cancelled or new venues found.
It is not known if or when the pier's owners will undertake works to make it safe. Such works would likely cost a huge sum as the structure is listed.
Construction of Hastings Pier started in 1869. It was opened on August 5, 1872, the country's first ever Bank Holiday.
Designed by the famous engineer Eugenius Birch at a cost of £23,250, the original pier was modelled on Brighton West Pier. Whether it will face the same tragic fate as that skeletal structure remains to be seen.
It is still considered a major draw for tourists and visitors to Hastings every year. It was closed to the public for more than six months when its former owners went out of business and reopened in May 2001 after major renovation.
16 June 2006

I hope that HTID15 will be held at Eastbourne Winter Gardens now, because thats quite local to where i'm staying on that weekend.

mrs_hicks_xxx

United Kingdom
361 posts
mrs_hicks_xxx has attended 6 events
Posted - 2006/06/18 :  22:12:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mrs_hicks_xxx's homepage  Reply with quote
omg i cant believe it! but yea brighton and eastbourne are nice and local its stil a big shame tho! But the is no way there would cancel it would they!? xxx

[email protected]

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/06/21 :  13:46:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Update:

quote:
Hastings Borough Council is taking emergency action under the Building Act 1984 section 78 to immediately close much of Hastings Pier to the public.

The Pier is being closed from the main entrance building onwards, including the Bingo Hall and Amusement arcade. The area immediately adjacent to the promenade will remain open.

The Council has had concerns about the Pier for some time and in May served a legal notice on the owner requiring them to undertake a survey of the Pier structure. This was after pieces of metal were found to have fallen from the underside of the 130 year old structure.

In recent days the council has become aware that major events were still being booked for the Pier ballroom; two of these have been booked for July and one in August. As a result of its concerns over the Pier structure the Council commissioned consulting engineers Gifford of Southampton to look at a specific area of concern under the main covered walkway around the main façade entrance.

This inspection was carried out yesterday. It has been established that at least five trusses have 'failed' in this area. Our consultant is of the opinion that it is unsafe to allow large numbers of people onto the Pier.

This area provides the only method of access onto and off the Pier. Any emergency affecting the rest of Pier, including the ballroom, requiring evacuation would mean crowds of people walking over the area where we have been specifically advised that crowds are unsafe.

As a result the council has had no option other than to use its emergency powers to close much of the Pier immediately.

The Council is applying for a formal order under the Building Act 1984 (section 77) at Hastings Magistrates Court next Wednesday.

The Council has been talking to the owners for some time now about the structure of the Pier and despite previous attempts to resolve the issues the Pier management have continued to plan for large events on the Pier. The Council is very disappointed that it has had to take this action but clearly public safety must come first.

I really can't imagine it being on anymore people, even more-so because it's far too late to book another venue one and a half weeks before a big event like that.

DJDURSTAN

Trinidad And Tobago
342 posts

156 hardcore releases
DJDURSTAN has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/06/21 :  16:53:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
not looking too good at the moment is it.
If it doesn't go ahead, you can always see Hixxy, Toxic, Elmo, Vapour and myself @ Vibealive, The Church Brighton on 14th July.

Edited by - DJDURSTAN on 2006/06/21 16:54:23
whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/06/21 :  18:29:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
^ Loved your set at Phoenix Manchester Durstan, big up well done mate!

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
Posted - 2006/06/21 :  20:15:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
It has been officially cancelled.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page