Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

NY Happycore

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
elim
Starting Member

1 post
Posted - 2001/03/26 :  21:44:24  Show profile Send a private message
Seems to me that the NY happycore scene is non-existant. Does anyone know of any NY happy parties? ANyone?

Alert moderator
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/03/27 :  13:17:38  Show profile  Send a private message
Hi, I live in Boston and have been very active in the scene in the NE/NY area since I moved here 2 + 1/2 years ago. I have seen very few HHC dj's anywhere around here, never mind HHC parties. The only person pushing HHC around here is DJ Entropy, and he is stupid and slack and I really hate him so..... and he also is more jungle and old school HC than HHC.

There are a few DJ's like Knowledge and Venom from Conneticut that have HHC and do rare HHC sets, but mostly spin house. They are both strictly anti-drug and pro alcohol (That makes no sense me says) so they really don't like "Crack head candy raver scene". As far as NY I only know about NYC, specifically I have seen I think only 1 HHC dj on the flier for a NY party and it was a while ago.

So lets get something started I say!!! :)

PS: Do you know Paul Hale from NYC DanceSafe? He is cool :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/03/27 :  21:03:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Yeah totally, if there is no happy hardcore scene where you live make one, you don't have to start big, small parties where you know everyone are always the best parties. I don't live near NY, actually near the US but let me know if I can help.

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/03/28 :  10:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message
Thanks Silver :) I know if you wanna get parties started the best thing to do is to have good connections. I have never thrown my own party or anything, but I have helped with a few. Anyone know what kinda budget it takes to throw a small (500 or so person) party? If anyone here has thrown parties or knows all the details feel free to mail me - Thanks ^_^

Edited by - Soren on 2004/08/10 18:12:22
silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/03/28 :  21:31:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I have done parties of this size, it will all depend on the venue and the date of the party, get a good venue and a weekend and your set. I recommend if you don't have alot of money to use a club, don't expect to make any money infact if you are new and never done parties before the club will not want to deal with you because they don't trust you or feel you will lose them money. Make a deal that gives the club a little more money so everyone is happy, when the club see's you pull alot of people then change your agreement with them.

Don't forget 70% of the money in a club is made from the bar - remind them that when you are making a deal. Also money the club makes that normally you can't not get a hand in is from the cloak room, lockers, cigette machines, etc...

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/04/03 :  08:07:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
hrmm...i dont know how things are done on the east coast as far as clubs are concerned, but at least over here, clubs dont let people with no money just use their space. you have to pay a rental fee, and usually a very hefty one. what i would suggest is to start out very small. save your money. if its possible, see if there are other like-minded kids who would want to pitch in financially. find a small venue. places like bingo halls, elks lodges, etc are usually pretty inexpensive. ive been involved in countless events and thrown a few of my own. let me know if i can be of any help to you.

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  00:23:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Yes depends on the club, I know clubs that demand high rental fees but clubs have the bar (70% of the cash in a club comes from here), remind them of that, and your rental fee will go down. You will be promoting their club for them with your party and fliers I suggest to get to know the club managers and figure a good deal.

If you cant do that or don't have any money (I know what it feels like sometimes), just find an open space and setup there. Rent a small power generator from a construction company ($80 or something) and you have a mobile party :)

DJ Tempest

United States
381 posts
Posted - 2001/04/04 :  00:50:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tempest's homepage
yeah definately! outdoor parties are by far less inexpensive to do...just make sure you find a location that isnt going to be busted up by the cops an hour after you start...or get an outdoor event permit.

"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."
-Steven Wright

Shinxy

United States
25 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  17:04:04  Show profile  Send a private message
Hey Soren, I'm in Boston too. If you're thinking of throwing a HHC party, I'm there. :D Seriously, we need more rave/hardcore stuff in the area, less college kid clubbing eurodance house. Hey, go to it. More power to yah. If you ever get it off the ground, e-mail me with the details.

"Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill."
-Robert Anton Wilson, "Werewolf Bridge"

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/04/06 :  21:39:31  Show profile  Send a private message
Hey cool, where in Boston are U? Are you going to Wish Upon A Star tomorrow? Wanna go? If so let me know here or email me fast ([email protected]) ^_^

Shinxy

United States
25 posts
Posted - 2001/04/07 :  22:30:00  Show profile  Send a private message
Shoot, missed yr. message, and now the thing's probably getting into gear... Well, let me know how it is. Well, I'm probably too young for it anyway (I'm just shy of 16... sigh) Know of any Boston area events going on in a couple weeks though?

"Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad, but not ill."
-Robert Anton Wilson, "Werewolf Bridge"

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/08/11 :  00:54:01  Show profile  Send a private message
why did this topic pop up as recent?

"we'll delete the weak"

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2004/08/11 :  01:50:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
one of the mods/admin must have moved it recently, locking now =)

Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page