Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
cr4nk

Australia
75 posts
cr4nk has attended 4 events
Posted - 2005/11/27 :  08:39:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cr4nk's homepage  Reply with quote
The lying about the venue annoyed me too but still it was an awsome night for me to loose my rave virginity.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
1up
Advanced Member

Australia
1,091 posts
1up has attended 5 events
Posted - 2005/11/27 :  08:57:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by cr4nk:
The lying about the venue annoyed me too but still it was an awsome night for me to loose my rave virginity.

1st time raver? mine was godspeed darkside. tops it was. Alek Száhala rocked and brisk was tops, neophyte was tops.

FluxZero

Australia
63 posts
FluxZero has attended 14 events
Posted - 2005/11/30 :  05:01:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Yeah agreeded the venue was rather Shit, But the music was verry good. over all about 7/10 I had good company and modivation :) ;)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2005/11/30 :  07:31:33  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
So it didn't rain?

skattakid

Australia
358 posts
skattakid has attended 13 events
Posted - 2005/11/30 :  10:38:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
all i have to say is despite the ******** production i had an awesome night, saw many friends, made many new "random" friends, and met a couple of you guys too (hey COTTS and FLUXZERO)

but i am not goin to another fenix event again, i thought this being a legal event may mean he's got his act together...(it was his last chance with heaps of people)
I am still owed a 3hr DJ Dean set!!!!!

my photo's from the nite:
http://www.inthemix.com.au/photos11/051126-hardwars

yeah silver - it rained breifly in the early part of the nite, but the best was stomping to weaver suae and midian as it became light, in the pouring rain to anthems for the last hour!!!

FANTASIA 26.02.06 Hixxy Recon Breeze Styles Mc Storm Mc Whizzkid
now who's gonna bring Sy & unknown, silver and neophyte out next!!

Baby700

Australia
60 posts
Baby700 has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/11/30 :  11:03:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Thankfully we got there early so we didn't have to wait 1hr in the queue! The venue was shite, but it was a Fenix event so that was to be expected!

I enjoyed IllFX, Hixxy and Scott Brown. Really dug the Gabber, which was pretty bizarre. Was def in a dancing mood though :)

Don't think I would attend another Fenix event again. Not unless he brings Sy & Unknown! Def keen for Fantasia nxt Feb - that's going to be awesome!!!!

skywalkin_
Starting Member

Australia
10 posts
skywalkin_ has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/12/02 :  01:35:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Yeah i'm seriously already pumped for fantasia, Tom-E you're such a tease only releasing the international lineup without any date or venue info!!!! :p

doppelstah
Starting Member

Australia
19 posts
Posted - 2005/12/04 :  04:52:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I thought it better to reserve any post mortems on this event but since everyone else has given a little review I thought it was absolutely ****ed (and thats at best).

Fenix, you are a twat for misleading the punters as to the venue if anyone could be assed they should bring a claim against you under S.52 and S.53 of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth). There are laws against misleading and deceptive conduct you know.

Me and my crew rocked up at about 11:30 only to be greeted by sniffer dogs and cops in jump suits, so the vibe was so very wrong from the word go. After some dude recognised the VIP lanyard we had we were fast tracked and let straight in.

The Sydney International Tennis Centre was LOCKED DOWN and the event was outside. Being an outdoor event the sound production was really important but in this case totally ignored. There were speakers on the stage and that was that, so if you were in the back the sound kind got lost and distorted, piss poor effort.

Im pissed and with good reason. I dont mind poor production, in fact I've had some of the best nights of my life in shoddy warehouses with very poor production... BUT they were FREE, the punters weren't 14, there were no canines sniffing my balls and the vibe was perfect.

My advice, NEVER go to a FENIX event again!!!

I gave the night 4/10

Cotts
Advanced Member

Australia
917 posts
Cotts has donated money to the site Cotts has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/12/07 :  11:45:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cotts's homepage  Reply with quote
scott brown and hixxy were awesome, the venue was terrible.

I brought a lot of people along on the night that don't rave, saying it would be great, due to the description of the venue and the dj's there. If i had the choice now i probably would have stayed at home that night, was really dissapointed with the venue.. I walked around for about an hour saying this cant be the main stage surley...

i mean christ the smallest arena at prophecy was bigger than the main stage at this event. VERY DISSAPOINTED..... but oh well..

also i missed half of hixxy's set because the cloackroom couldnt find my bag, it was unorganised and totally not on.

not happy jan.... im not going to one of fenix's events again..

it was great to meet up with luka (skattakid) and jess (baby 700) as well. hey to you guys!

Baby700

Australia
60 posts
Baby700 has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/12/12 :  09:03:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Nice to meet you too Cotts :)

In latest news....remember the Fantasia flyers we got after HW....you know, the ones that announced Hixxy and Breeze & Styles....well, I wonder who stole that idea....

Powerhouse has just announced they are using the HTID tour for Prophecy on 18 Feb 2006. And, as is to be expected, Sammy is coping heaps of shit for stealing Tom-e's idea....

Read all about it here:
http://forum.echild.info/showthread.php?t=57728

I would have started a new thread about this, but I am no moderator...so yeah...

Sadly it seems like a personal feud is going to impact negatively on the Sydney rave scene.

Nesa

Australia
31 posts
Nesa has attended 6 events
Posted - 2006/02/25 :  08:37:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nesa's homepage  Reply with quote
I must say this rave was one of the best raves ive been too purely because of a few reasons
1. The wait to get inside was hectic but impact was dropping an awesome set at the time and evryone was bouncing as they were goin in
2. The venue was so open and u could go from anywhere to anywhere and it only take u like a minute.
3. Hixxy and scott brown back to back was unbelievable and i thought nothing could beat those hours until RBC at prophecy.
4. Also the crowd was unbelievable in terms of energy level going all the way into the morning and the light rain with losty and others showing us how its done (dancing) on stage.

PLUS the Randoms i ran into were great with australian soccer qualification fever catching on

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page