Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

Some tracks I made a while ago

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2010/06/26 :  17:47:06  Show profile Send a private message
Basically seeing as i've lost all of my project files and vsts so these tracks are now completely useless.
Have them! and don't expect anymore of a similar quantity for a good few years.

twance - tru bass
http://www.4shared.com/audio/DbY3eLwm/Twance.html
Sort of trancey. ish. (hence the name)

sparkle - tru bass
http://www.4shared.com/audio/2ji3zAMH/Sparkle_2.html
This song was made using basically the same template but took ****ing ages longer to make as quite a large amount is different..

I should be able to upload some more (better songs as well) soon as I have a good two or three that are due to be 'released' on narcotic records but i'm not sure whether what was true last year is still true now haha..

enjoy anyway, and feedback pl0X (even though it's absolutely no use to me as I can't master them)

Alert moderator
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  09:18:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
A few downloads but no comments.. Very dissapointing :(

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  09:45:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by tru bass:

It's a sad trend on this site these days. People put up great tracks and great mixes and they get largely ignored. Some people put up a load of shite and get tons of feedback and praise. This is one of the reasons why I stopped putting mixes on here for a while and why I stopped posting for ages. I got so annoyed with it.

As for the tunes they're both well produced imo but not to my taste. I thought Sparkle was the better one because it's more happy sounding.

On another note if you want some encouragement regarding one of your tunes I unearthed this mix a while back: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZM1N6UV

He plays one of your tracks as the third one in the mix, he played one of mine second track in too.

Edited by - Mortis on 2010/06/28 09:47:32
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  11:14:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:

It's a sad trend on this site these days. People put up great tracks and great mixes and they get largely ignored. Some people put up a load of shite and get tons of feedback and praise. This is one of the reasons why I stopped putting mixes on here for a while and why I stopped posting for ages. I got so annoyed with it.

As for the tunes they're both well produced imo but not to my taste. I thought Sparkle was the better one because it's more happy sounding.

On another note if you want some encouragement regarding one of your tunes I unearthed this mix a while back: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZM1N6UV

He plays one of your tracks as the third one in the mix, he played one of mine second track in too.

Ooh thank you very much. I've just remembered that i still havn't posted my feedback on your third nu rave mix, I'll get on it now! I'm really really liking nu rave now btw, it's very impressive.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  13:15:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
I'm really really liking nu rave now btw, it's very impressive.

Good on you. Nu rave is fantastic at the moment, much better than a lot of the shite "uk hardcore" is getting.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  13:32:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
It's a sad trend on this site these days. People put up great tracks and great mixes and they get largely ignored. Some people put up a load of shite and get tons of feedback and praise.

Very true. I rarely listen to tracks personally, unless it's someone who's work i want to hear or something like that (Mortis for example), but apart from that i don't like the style people are producing so don't bother.

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  13:52:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
It's a sad trend on this site these days. People put up great tracks and great mixes and they get largely ignored. Some people put up a load of shite and get tons of feedback and praise.

Very true. I rarely listen to tracks personally, unless it's someone who's work i want to hear or something like that (Mortis for example), but apart from that i don't like the style people are producing so don't bother.

I know it's slightly off-topic but, is it me or has this site got considerably worse recently (in the past year or two) in terms of both activity and general 'quality of conversation'? You mention the lack of tracks to peoples liking being produced by unsigned artists but I remember it being a great deal more vibrant around 2008 in terms of new producers and styles (being found on this site anyway). I wonder what has happened.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  14:29:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
It was a much better site 5 years or so ago, much busier and far more entertaining.

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  15:30:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
lol, i guess im lucky i havent joined then. because now, i dont know how it was before, and all i can say is: awesome site! XDD

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  20:38:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

I know it's slightly off-topic but, is it me or has this site got considerably worse recently (in the past year or two) in terms of both activity and general 'quality of conversation'? You mention the lack of tracks to peoples liking being produced by unsigned artists but I remember it being a great deal more vibrant around 2008 in terms of new producers and styles (being found on this site anyway). I wonder what has happened.

Yes, very much so. Since I've replied to this topic i will actually listen to your tunes. Second tune: love the transition into the breakdown, that's really good actually, not sure i've heard that kind of thing before which just makes it better, at least it sounds very fresh. The portamento'd/LFO'd square sounds great (at that part of the song). Love the bass your using, works 100% with the tempo and the kick. The song has a good feeling about it to me, the style is a very used one yes but it just sounds better to me than the usual. Also i mean what i say by the way, if you understood how much modern Hardcore doesn't interest me you'd realise how hard it would be to find anything good to say without meaning it. You should probably re-do this track imo. Sounds like you really cared about the track/enjoyed making it, but what do i know lol.
Edit: The pad sound is great too, totally a sound I'd use.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/06/28 20:39:41
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
Posted - 2010/06/28 :  21:15:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
Thank you very much for that, feedback like that is very very helpful (however "unhelpful" it is in these circumstances). I would do a remake of this if I had the project files and i'm sure i'd enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making the tracks in the first place (which I did a great deal) but viruses and unprotected computers don't mix as I found out, so i'm absolutely screwed.
And thanks alot for actually liking the track, I try and make the songs I produce just sound the best that I can possibly make them, I don't try and adhere to the policy of making it "commercially viable" at all, even though these probably are.. so throwing new things in and knowing that some people appreciate them is very reassuring.
Thanks for your time anyway, I appreciate it very much!
I wouldn't suggest anymore of my songs if you're not into the upfront style of hardcore though haha

although I do want to dabble in nu rave soon.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/06/29 :  17:15:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
Ok then. I'm interested in remixing it, how do you feel about that? I don't really anything from you like samples/midi or anything like that. Well the MIDI for that square lead would be very useful actually.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2010/06/29 17:17:03
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
Posted - 2010/06/30 :  11:36:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
I'm completely fine with that, the only problem is that I literally have no trace of this song other than the .mp3, I'd sort you a midi from scratch but I physically can't muster one up (due to not having any software capable) so it'd just be a case of listening and then writing sorry..

edit: just out of interest, what are you planning on doing with it?

Edited by - tru bass on 2010/06/30 11:36:51
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2010/06/30 :  15:37:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
I'm completely fine with that, the only problem is that I literally have no trace of this song other than the .mp3, I'd sort you a midi from scratch but I physically can't muster one up (due to not having any software capable) so it'd just be a case of listening and then writing sorry..

edit: just out of interest, what are you planning on doing with it?

Well, if i do do it, then not a huuuge deal, just basic changes. I say if i do because i don't want to start it unless i know I'm going to finish it, because a lot of the time i don't finish stuff.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page