Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Rest of the world

US ravers

Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
luckEanjel

United States
27 posts
Posted - 2002/07/28 :  15:47:09  Show profile Send a private message
So is it jus me or does it seem like a lot of the rave scenes in the united states are dying.... if not dead already. I live in michigan and there are hardly any raves, (there are no good raves at all) here any more b/c cops are such *******s. Is it jus michigan cops or are there other states where the scene is pretty much dead? I know the chicago scene isnt what it used to be any more. What about ppl from the UK or from Australia... how does the government treat ravers there? Do they have laws against raves like they do in Michigan now? I am so bummed b/c now if I want to go to a good rave I have to drive at least 4 or 5 hours and go out of state... Jus wondering what the scenes in other states and other countries were like.....

Dont go through life being a pretty bitch... god will send you back nice and ugly! hehe

Alert moderator
o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/28 :  16:38:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
Here in California the scence is huge. very diverse in genres and the crowd. as anyone, its crazy here, you all are jealous!

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/28 :  20:44:43  Show profile  Send a private message
which proves why ravers need to get their asses out there and vote, it's sad when the movie footloose is begining to come true...

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

luckEanjel

United States
27 posts
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  11:32:00  Show profile  Send a private message
I am so jealous! I hate living in michigan, b/c John engler is such an *******! I would so go out and vote if I could, next year I will be able to and you know I am either moving out of state some where where the scene isnt dead, or I will try and make a difference by voting.... I'll prolly move cause trust me michigan jus sucks period.. raves or no raves!

Dont go through life being a pretty bitch... god will send you back nice and ugly! hehe

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  13:21:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Brian K:
which proves why ravers need to get their asses out there and vote, it's sad when the movie footloose is begining to come true...

haha yea wow isnt that scary?? A krappy Movie from the 80's comin to life

Makes me want to go dance in an empty barn to 80's NR-getic Synth pop

"put on ya sunday shoes"

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  13:23:52  Show profile  Send a private message
LOLOLOL, you know you're old school in the midwest if you've ever been to a party held in a barn =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  01:54:39  Show profile  Send a private message
I posted something about this yesterday, in the UK our Government has a pretty decent attitude at the moment (cannabis has been downgraded a "class" & is now in the same bracket as steroids eg: possesion more or less ignored-dealing still punished) & cluubs are encouraged to help drug users be safe when out they take the attitude that its going to happen so at least make it safe, which in my eyes is correct.
I believe in many places in the US raves are illegal & some states out law bottled water on sale & chil out rooms this is madness & could result in both illegal raves & illegal nightclubs both being incredibly dangerous for health & safety reasons.

Hardcore family never dies.

MC ADB

United States
89 posts
MC ADB has attended 14 events
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  14:02:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC ADB's homepage
I live in Nebraska and two years ago we had huge shows with over 3,000 kids and averaging 1,000 for most shows. Now there have only been two events outside of the clubs in Omaha and Lincoln this year. I just threw a 'rave' with Woody Mcbride, Spree, MC ADB, Kaoss, and locals and only got 200 kids. Flyers were full color half page card stock quality and i handed out over 4,000.
The US is at war and in recession so times are hard. Every type of music industry is stuggling.
I suggest if you want to keep seeing events you contact your local senator and tell him you are opposed to the 'rave' act. I just recieved a letter back from Chuck Hagel! Dont just sit and bitch, do something!

MC ADB
Lyrical Engineer
Sonicfury.net

Tel: 402 730 7355

qconnects

Canada
32 posts
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  14:58:26  Show profile  Send a private message
I'm not from the states, but still pissed with the US and their attitude on raving. It's beginning to rub off on Canada and I don't want to see either scene suffer because of it!

http://www.drugpolicy.org/action/index.html

That URL is to a site that will give you a bunch of information on the gov't stand on raves and drugs, and give you chances to give back to your rave community, so check it out!

Peace, and may the Vibe live on forever.

Funnnnky...

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  15:37:16  Show profile  Send a private message
"possesion more or less ignored-dealing still punished"

just watch out that ya don't save your best mate 2's when the five-0 goes past,they see that as supplying so you can get done for that

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

DJ CURLY

United Kingdom
457 posts
Posted - 2002/08/03 :  16:00:02  Show profile  Send a private message
mouse u call the police the 5-0 aswell
me and my mates do that.
"look out the 5-0 are coming"
is the usual chant as we all run away from whatever illegal thing we were doing at the time.
i think the government round the uk handle the rave scene quite well.

"what is real
if your talking about what we touch taste and smell and hear then real is just electrical signals interpreted by our brains"

previosly known as
DREAMSCAPE2002

qconnects

Canada
32 posts
Posted - 2002/08/04 :  16:49:38  Show profile  Send a private message
Haha, right on. Some friends and I had a party on a city park last night that was supposed to close at 11pm, but the cops let us continue as long as they didn't get any noise complaints, so the party went right ahead all night!

Right on to DJ Detonate and MC Riding Hood for a nice HH set, if you guys eva read this

Funnnnky...

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page