Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements

Song For You All

Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
tru bass has attended 11 events
Posted - 2009/04/27 :  23:37:21  Show profile Send a private message
Just got my laptop back so i thought i would celebrate by making a song... its a bit happy and jumpy i suppose.

first time ive made one for a few months now, so im just getting the hang back.

http://www.4shared.com/file/102097731/9da38a62/twat_done_up.html
ignore the clipping, i dont know how to get rid of it..
oooh and if anyone fancies teaching me how to master songs it would be most appreciated! because my bassline needs to be wayyy lower..

feeeedback please! fankoo

Alert moderator
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  15:25:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Feedback as i listen so a bit jumbled lol....

1st breakdown sounds quite nice. Out of the break is quite good too. The first thing that stands out to me though there are a few painful high frequencies in there pal, most noticeably after the first breakdown, although im pretty sure its the ride so itll be more than just then but thats the most noticeable for me. Actually, getting to it, the highs in the D&B breakdown are really bad. The D&B breakdown sounds pretty good although could do with a more D&B vibe, maybe a different bass? Dirtier and louder maybe but thats just my opinion. What was youre problem with the bass? Sounds ok to me typical UK Hardcore bass, not saying its overly generic i mean it sounds as good as any other bass in Hardcore to me. The buildup snare sounds a bit too tinny... or woody im not sure but it is lacking somewhere in the frequencies i think. Something happened at 03.11 sounds (is that the clipping you were talking about?) like a sort of white noise. Have you sidechained the rides? or something in the highs? They seem to dip in volume in places.

The melody doesnt get too repititive, which it could easily have done so good job with that. The breakdowns were pretty good. I think that sample could have been used a bit more to add a sort of hook to the track that people will remember. Overall not bad, bit basic UK Hardcore, but not bad. Just needs a bit more mixing, mastering and definaitely some EQage to get rid of those nasty frequencies. What are you using to monitor the sound mate? If its just the laptop speakers i am quite impressed. Fair play anyway, i cant put anything like this together just yet, how long have you been producing fella?

Like i say sorry for the muddled reply just wanted to give a running feedback sort of thing so i didnt miss anything out.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  19:18:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
i couldn't have asked for a better response! cheers

i have been a bit naughty with the general mastering of it, ive appliead quite a few compressors which i have no idea how to use, this is probabaly the reason for the dippy rides that you noticed :s the thing at 3.11 is an effect that made the lead wobble out, but my pc decided to turn it into a crispy noise haha sooo il try and fix it!
The d'n'b bit could do with being a bit more d'n'b'ey i see what you mean, its a bugger making those bass's that they use though, so it may take a while.

I use a pair of £25 sony headphones to monitor it all, then just play it on every set of speakers i have so i get a full representation of what it will sound like.
oh and ive been producing for about 2 years now, just on and off.. never really committed myself to doing a track properly. If you want i can send you the .zip for fruity loops seeing as you said you couldnt put anything together like this, whether it would be any help getting tips off me seeing as i did sort of fail then, i dont know :S

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  20:32:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
The kind of response i want when i eventual post some tunes up so that's exactly what i try to give to others. That'll be all them lines i had to do in school "treats others the way you would like to be treated" every dinner time lol.

That's probably what the dipping is, i chucked compressors on my rides and hats the other day without knowing what they were for (im still not 100% on it lol). Think i had the attack set way high and that caused the dippin in random places but im not sure.

The D&B bass, i'd like to help more with that but im not exactly the best person to ask, ive got a good Reese done up in sylenth, few oscillators playing different waves (think sines and saws) detuned at different octaves - may be a sine and saw for each octave (maybe a pulse for more grit) im not sure - low passed with low resonance with plenty of distortion thrown on. Ive read somewhere you could put a phaser on aswell to add a bit of variation. But like i say thats what ive done after following various threads on forums not really that much in detail though, but ive only been "producing" for a month or two so id ignore all that entirely

Good tip about listening on various systems (think i read that somewhere aswell) but youve not done a bad job considering the cheap headphones, ive just bought some KRK RP6s so thats why everything sounds so clear to me.

Cheers pal that would be great but im working on Cubase so i dont think id be able to use a FL project file? Im just gonna have to resort to using other peoples MIDIs as a guideline i guess, i just cant string a full track together at the minute, especially leads - bloody things.

Oh btw forgot to mention, the track title had me in stitches lol.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

tru bass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,996 posts
Posted - 2009/04/28 :  23:11:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tru bass's homepage
haha cheers for that...

ive done a newer version of it but im just tweaking it a bit, fixed all the dipping, added a nice pad and added a d'n'bey bass (using some of your advice!) so its all coming along... if you want a hand at all in doing any tunes just give me a pm im always up for dishing advice or possibly collaborating seeing as i never get anything done on my own..

btw those monitors look like absolute beasts how much did you get them for?.. i just have my trusty 'ol JVC RV-NB1 for my full experience lol..

and the track title reflected my emotions as to why it was all fading in and out.

Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2009/04/29 :  00:11:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage

Glad to help pal, anytime. Sounds good mate some kinda collab would be splendid whenever i can put summat together. Were kind of in the same boat i can never get a track done all together, i just work on parts here and there and can never link it all up. I just sit listening to my small but lovely (in my mind anyway) segments not daring to change anything else in case it all goes tits up lol.

The monitors are sexy as f*ck arent they, i actually hugged em when i got em out of the box. Paid 360 for em from decks.co.uk (cheapest ive found them), i was at first using a set of ion(?) speakers that came free with my old belt drive decks lol you could definitely tell the difference anyway. Well worth the cash, everything sounds so clear on them, just need a new soundcard now and im all set.

Anyway, make sure you post up a finished version of the track whenever tis all done mate ;)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page