Total online 2162
 Radio listeners 187+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: Australia / New Zealand

Helter Skelter 2006 - Hard Dance Nation (7 attended)

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
yy
Starting Member

Australia
4 posts
yy has attended 4 events
Posted - 2006/02/09 :  03:53:18  Show profile Send a private message
[7 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: Helter Skelter 2006 - Hard Dance Nation
Starts: 2006/3/18
State/Territory: New South Wales

Welcome to Helter Skelter's Hard Dance Nation, designed and developed for those who love their music hard and dark. Featuring the two greatest hardcore DJ's Holland has ever produced, as well as the greatest living legend in the German crossover scene, Helter Skelter has been planned from day one to give punters the best of the hard sounds the world has to offer. You might ask why we're theming this event the "Hard Dance Nation". The answer is simple. This party represents the finest in hard music. Hardcore, Gabber, Hardstyle and anything else Hard you can think of will all be mashed up with our acts supported by the finest local DJ's we have to offer. This is the epitome of hard diversity, a party for all those who love their music deep, dark and hard. This is the Hard Dance Nation. Are you ready to enter?

NEOPHYTE (NL)
The man. The legend. One of the most famous and prolific performers and producers in the global hardcore scene, DJ Neophyte is the brain behind the enormous collection of tunes the likes of Neophyte and Bodylotion have released. Right from the early days of tunes like Back in my Brain and A Rotterdam Gabber, Neophyte's music has constantly set the standard for other hardcore producers to follow. A look at his release history shows some of the biggest hardcore tunes of all time: Hardcore To Da Bone, Braincracking, Army of Hardcore, D.R.U.G.S, Number One Fan, The Tunnel, Bastard/*******, Execute, Happy is voor Hobos and many, many more. Yet, given the fact that he's been releasing since 1992, Neophyte can still be considered one of the most innovative people in the hardcore scene. His DJ performances are of legendary status, bringing together the newest sounds fresh out of Holland. After his set you will believe you have just had a glimpse of the future of hardcore - a remarkable fact given the long history this man has behind to the decks.
Owner of the infamous Neophyte Records, and certainly the most recognised name in the global hardcore scene, there's nothing that this man has not achieved. It almost is unfair to even attempt to describe his stature, such is the respect he commands from his fellow producers and punters alike. In his first visit to Sydney for two years, Neophyte will be visiting as a part of the Neophyte World Tour 2006, and there will be plenty of Neophyte DVD's, CD's and World Tour 2006 shirts to be given away during his set. Sydney, you better be prepared for this. Neophyte hardcore; do we need to say more?

PROMO (NL)
Master of The Third Movement, Seminal crowd favourite DJ Promo (Sebastian Hoff) came into contact with the hardcore sound and started DJing in 1992. His unique style has lead Promo to playing venues such as The Rex Club in Paris and next to Carl Cox in the Sports Arena in Los Angeles. Moreover, he has demonstrated his mixing skills on major festivals like Defqon, Mysteryland, Thunderdome, A Nightmare in Rotterdam and almost in every important club in Holland. In 2004 he closed off the world's leading hard event "Sensation Black", where in the only 90 minute set of the night he played one of the most legendary hardcore sets of modern time in front of 44,000 people, which was downloaded by hundreds of thousands of hardcore fans worldwide. Sensation Black is what Promo calls 'one of the milestones' in his career.

As a producer, Sebastian must be given credit for revolutionizing the hardcore sound. With that in mind, his label's name The Third Movement seems somewhat ironic, as it's the third phase of Dutch Hardcore where Promo has grown into one of the true masters of hardcore. From his early releases on Waxweazle Records, ID&T, BZRK and many more, these all laid the foundations for Promo's infamous "Promo File" series - some of the most sought after hardcore records of all time. Some of his productions like Fixxxed, Let da Bass Boom, Wayz of da Underground, Phreak Ya Speaker, Dancefloor Hardcore, The Industry Can't Stop Me, Up Yours! and Not Down With The Standard regularly sell in the hundreds of dollars on the second hand market which gives you a taste of the demand of his releases, and the profound effect they've had on the global hardcore scene. The sound of Promo is paradoxically described by him as 'accessibly dark'. Get ready Sydney, the King of Pain is back!

BROOKLYN BOUNCE (GER)
What's there that needs to be said about the most popular hard dance crossover act of all time? Brooklyn Bounce have sold hundreds of thousands of albums, have charted everywhere from the Billboard charts in the USA to the ARIA charts in Australia and everywhere in between, and have produced some of the biggest hard dance anthems of this new millennium. "Bass Beats & Melody", "Club Bizarre" and "Born To Bounce" speak for themselves, let alone the myriad of other tunes released. Despite the departure of DJ Double M from the band, DJ Bonebreaker continues to travel all over the world, with regular tours around Europe, North America, Asia and South Africa keeping him busy in between production time and managing his ultra successful label "Mental Madness Records".

Bonebreakers two previous tours to Australia have been massive successes, with many venues complete sellouts, which bears testament to the name's ongoing success. The new Brooklyn Bounce single "Sex Bass & Rock and Roll" is looking to be another smash-hit for the act, with the massive trademark Brooklyn Bounce basslines and kickdrum with a huge guitar riff a certainty to find its way into the record box of major hard dance DJ's all over the country. Brooklyn Bounce absolutely rocked the last Helter Skelter, then in the follow up show at Scattered DJ Bonebreaker went one step further and played what many punters rated as one of the best international sets on 2005. Now, in his third visit to Sydney, prepare for the heat to be turned up even more as Brooklyn Bounce DJ Bonebreaker takes you on a hard dance journey that you won't be soon forgetting!

Fenix
Geoff Da Chef
Suae
Weaver
Nexus Project
Team Rocket
ILLFX
Matrix
Midian
Crystal
Spank
Aladdin
Jim Jams

Tickets:
$44+BF AVAILABLE FROM Overdrive.com.au
together with these official outlets

Central Station (Darlinghurst) - Ten Seconds Down (Chatswood) - Leading Edge (Parramatta) - Leading Edge (Penrith) - Castle Records (Castle Hill) - One Stop (Darlinghurst) - Soundgarden (Hurstville) - Mall Music (Brookvale) - Mjays (Fairfield) - Ravens Nest (Pennant Hills)

Alert moderator
skattakid

Australia
358 posts
skattakid has attended 13 events
Posted - 2006/02/09 :  23:28:38  Show profile  Send a private message
HELL YERR!!!!

some nice hard stuff all in one nice tight little package!!

PROMO!!!!!!!!!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
yy
Starting Member

Australia
4 posts
yy has attended 4 events
Posted - 2006/02/10 :  04:46:56  Show profile  Send a private message
unfortunately i can't make it :(

Nesa

Australia
31 posts
Nesa has attended 6 events
Posted - 2006/02/25 :  08:43:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nesa's homepage
I got one question is this gonna be big or small??
It is underground with the venue not being released but i thought helter skelter would be large.
Or are they just deciding how big a place they need with ticket sales predictions?

However dont get me wrong I AM GOING!!!!!!!!!
and ill see you all there

skattakid

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2006/02/25 :  23:43:01  Show profile  Send a private message
i'd say it's a medium size event, prob 1500-2000 people, i will ask midian the exact details coz i could be wrong, will get back to you shortly...

FriedRice
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
FriedRice has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/02/26 :  06:29:53  Show profile  Send a private message
Hell Yeah cant wait!! Hey do you guys ever meet up at events? majority of my mates dont rave they are into rock and all that and i end up only going in groups of 3 or 4 and usually its the more the merrier ya know?

rotterdam_hooligan
Starting Member

Australia
1 post
rotterdam_hooligan has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/02/27 :  14:38:47  Show profile  Send a private message
its being held at sydney superdome so i reckon itll be feckin huge... found out at the gabberland website cant wait its gonna rock im a Neophyte junkie last time i was at his set it was at Thrillseeka..how many years ago?! awesome shite!! best party eva but this one has to top it. promo played at a thrillseeka b4 neophyte but the two of em at one rave... hardcore heaven i tells ya

Nesa

Australia
31 posts
Posted - 2006/02/27 :  14:44:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nesa's homepage
how do you know its gonna be at the superdome?
isnt it to be announced

silver
Admin

Japan
12,560 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2006/02/28 :  05:14:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Gabba Gabba Gabba... oi oi oi

FriedRice
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
FriedRice has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/02/28 :  06:32:31  Show profile  Send a private message
OHH i am so pumped for this, i reckon it should be pretty good hyperspeed last yr got about 6-7 thousand and thats an overdrive event and it was underground, so COME ON sydney lets go and spread the PLUR

yy
Starting Member

Australia
4 posts
yy has attended 4 events
Posted - 2006/02/28 :  07:47:44  Show profile  Send a private message
on dj promo's website, it says it's at the International Tennis Centre

skattakid

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2006/03/06 :  05:31:36  Show profile  Send a private message
no, it's not at the superdome!

he would neither confirm or deny the tennis centre rumor...

the event is for 1500 people, with a max capacity of 2000, there is just over half of the tickets sold as of midday last friday

/that is all for now

Nesa

Australia
31 posts
Posted - 2006/03/07 :  04:32:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nesa's homepage
man how come they made it so small
i mean with neophyte promo and brooklyn bounce i was expecting atleast 4000+. i mean these guys i expecting dont come cheap.

FluxZero

Australia
63 posts
FluxZero has attended 14 events
Posted - 2006/03/09 :  06:53:01  Show profile  Send a private message
I hope its not at the "international tennis center". Isnt that where hardwars was, I hated the venue it was on the outside of a friggn stadium (Music was good tho). Think about doing this for my B'day :D except its on the week before hand. Super dome would be good but if its only 2000 max capacity i would doubt it ould be held there.

Nesa

Australia
31 posts
Posted - 2006/03/13 :  04:51:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nesa's homepage
siiick less than 1 MORE WEEK!!!
see you there skattakid, friedrice and fluxzero

skattakid

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2006/03/13 :  10:36:10  Show profile  Send a private message
hmmm, newest rumor just in: inner west/west sydney....

hmmm, homebush is "inner west/west" isnt it....

and no, it aint the superdome, if it is the tennis centre it will not be the outdoors area.....

hmmm, will it even be in sydney olympic park though...

New EventPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page