Total online 1882
 Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

So can anyone explain why metal is appealing?

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Stony McTony
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
534 posts
Stony McTony has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/08/24 :  03:08:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
blimey we seem to have a fair few metal fans about i hope i ddnt upset ne1 with my slagging off metal comments i think that guy mortis? (doesnt that mean death?) looks a bit like the witch off atmosphere if u played it u shuld kno wot i mean, she's the ****in spit of him

Theres nothing wrong with the boat those big holes help keep our feet cool.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ E-Rok

Russia
476 posts

33 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/09/05 :  16:05:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ E-Rok's homepage  Reply with quote
The guy in the pic looks like marolin manson *spelt wrong i think*

I just looked at fear factorys site, in the bands bio at the top it says they use hardcore with industrial beats and synthesizers.

When I grow up I wana be a D JJJJJJJJJJJJJ!

Bridge
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2004/09/07 :  18:39:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
believe it or not, there is another genre of music also called hardcore or, hxc.
it is like, emotional metal, check these bands, from autumn to ashes, alexisonfire, the bled and see what you think,
personally, i love it.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/09/07 :  19:28:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
Hardcore is kinda punky/grundgy sounding to me.

"So understand,
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...Make your stand,
And realise your living in the golden years!"

Bridge
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2004/09/12 :  19:58:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yeh, it originates from bands such as bane, hard punk type stuff.

DJ Mole
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,505 posts
DJ Mole has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/09/12 :  20:32:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mole's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knightmare:
metallica? Iron Maiden?

hate em both. Fear Factory, now that's music.
The Berzerker is awesome, but not shit like metallica and those old farts from Iron maiden or AC/DC.

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

scot brown's bezerker impression kicks

and in 2004 its HARDCORE!!!

Ruined jon

United Kingdom
25 posts
Ruined jon has attended 3 events
Posted - 2005/01/28 :  11:42:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ruined jon's homepage  Reply with quote
Man 'o' War rock, true kings of metal!

nateh

United States
60 posts
Posted - 2005/01/29 :  07:05:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nateh's homepage  Reply with quote
I grew up listening to rock and alternative but now it's slowly drifting away. Except for Rammstien.

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2005/01/29 :  10:14:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage  Reply with quote
If you like deathmetal you should check out "the crown" (the quit in 2003, but they're awesome). It's to die for, as for the nu-metal shit I just loooooooove Static-X, and stuff like Killswitch engage isn't all that bad either.

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

GlowWorm
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2005/01/29 :  14:22:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
metal music is great for frustration and anger..i use to listen to tons of it. after a while i got tired of it and wanted something that could keep the electronic sounds and still be metal like and industrial was the answer. bands like wumpscut and razed in black. perfect mix and they still keep a darkand hard sound.
sorry if i got off topic..i kinda thought that fit :o/

hmmm..what...mmm...no
i dont know.....help?

Fraud

United States
487 posts
Fraud has attended 2 events
Posted - 2005/01/29 :  16:47:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bridge:
believe it or not, there is another genre of music also called hardcore or, hxc.
it is like, emotional metal, check these bands, from autumn to ashes, alexisonfire, the bled and see what you think,
personally, i love it.

Ha yes. A lot of local bands around my area are hardcore bands. THere songs consist of a lot of double bass (really fast too), tempo's up to 180 bpm (just like hardcore music) and just a lot of screaming and yelling into mic (suprisingly they are actually saying , words). Also, beleive it or not, there is such thing as "hardcore dancing". THis is where your hardcore fan, moves to the dancefloor, covers his eyes with one arm than flayls the other aroud. There's also times where you will seem him with a hankercheif over his mouth and neck, maybe his hood is up as well, and he would be punching the ground than punching the air above his head. He could also be seen flayling both arms maybe in a windmill motion, or randomly kicking. A dancer usually does this by himself, and if he hits anyone while doing this form of dancing, he quickly appologizes. THese are the encounters of hardcore dancers that i have witnessed. So apparently there's a form of dance that go along with metal and hardcore music, just like ravin' to some techno.

quote:
Originally posted by GlowWorm:
. bands like wumpscut and razed in black. perfect mix and they still keep a darkand hard sound.
sorry if i got off topic..i kinda thought that fit :o/

Or how bout that band called MushroomHead, apparently there like electro-metal.

And it's crazy how people have put the genre metal into Subgenres (like electronic music). For example, Progressive metal, Deep Metal, heavy metal of course, CHEESE metal (i'm not joking), dark metal, etc.

And a lot of metal samples are placed into drum n' bass songs, which seem to fit most of the time. For example, like tech step and dark step tunes really go well with metal samples. And an example of That would be that one record with slayer's guitar tab playin the background (don't know name).

But yeah, that's what ive heard. lol, i'll congradulate anyone who actually read all of that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hardcore Will Never Die.
And I approve of this message.

Free Fall Recordings
http://downloads.imorecords.com/label.asp?lid=86

http://www.drumandbasstv.com
http://breakbeatscience.com/
http://ebaumsworld.com

http://www.drumandbasstv.com
http://breakbeatscience.com/
http://ebaumsworld.com

Edited by - Fraud on 2005/01/29 16:54:09
GlowWorm
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2005/01/29 :  17:15:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
the person posting above was talking a little about hardcore dancing. that is what most people do to the bands i was talking about. you get to punch and kick its fast paced and awsome for releasing bad vibes. most of the industrial music is mainly in the goth clubs.
why is there this seperation of goth and raver kids anyway.its like you can not be a goth and listen to hardcore..its just far to happy...i have heard this at the goth clubs. i think its maily thee uber goths (check out how in a group of outcasts you get the popular ones who treat everyone like trash..inda like highschool).
much of industrial music share the same qualities as trance and hardcore. like apoptygmaberzerk or neuroticfish.

sorry i have gone way off topic again.
bad me!

i have dueling kitten dj's!!

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/01/29 :  23:19:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
metalica poor???????????????

listen to there first albums or justice for all.

or look at the uncencored video clip of one its pure genuis.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

kindler13

Australia
90 posts
Posted - 2005/01/30 :  04:32:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Personally I can't stand Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Grunge, Alternative or Punk.. Sounds way too thrown together and trashy for me!! But each to their own:) I remember in High School, while i was listening to Ultrasonic, Snap, Scooter, Real Mcoy, Capella etc.. Most people were into it Rock, now a lot of those people listen to dance insead..

mtd

electro_dreem
Starting Member

United States
2 posts
Posted - 2005/02/04 :  19:28:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i think the reason a lot of people still enjoy it is because it is constantly reinventing itself. wether german sounding like rammstein, american bands slayer, pantera or newer acts like lamb of god and then dimmu borgir lets say. i agree some of it sucks but a lot of these bands are incorporating different effects to get a newer sound.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page