Total online 1809
 Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre

Jungle or Drum n Bass wotz the difference.........

Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/03 :  15:58:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage  Reply with quote
haha jungle and drum n bass are the same exact thing... sheesh.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2001/10/03 :  20:31:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Hmm. Here's something that's likely to spark some more debates. I was of the opinion that drum & bass and jungle were basically the same thing with a whole range sub-genres under them. Going to raves I saw that when acts were listed as jungle it was a lot harder and techy, while drum & bass described a wider range of genres that could be like that but sometimes was downright hollow and randomly bleepy. Recently I found a pic taken from Muzik Magazine in may 01 that is supposed to be a jungle family tree. Have a look for yourself:

http://uphoriak.usefulcontent.org/pix/jft.jpg

Peace, Lixx

spacevinyl

United Kingdom
51 posts
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  06:36:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The truth is, jungle is supposedly 5% (or something like that) faster than DnB and thats coming straight from the mouth of a DnB / Jungle Dj

let me hear some noize all da girls all da boyz

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  09:41:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Why is it, that everyone keeps saying,

Drum n bass and jungle r the same Dj ****** said

Or Drum n bass and jungle are different Dj ****** said.

I can tell u that Drum n Bass ain't close to jungle.

Jungle is Gay and even more anoying than DrumNBass!!!

Soz to all u DnB fans but it's true!!!

Can't you see I love it, baby when it hurts you so.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  10:21:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
jungle and drum & bass are the same thing

they chance the name because the music is more melodic and more crossover.
the same with hardcore,happy hardcore freeform.

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  12:06:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hardcore and HappyHardcore R TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS just like DRUM N BASS and JUNGLE..............

happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  18:21:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
northants drum n bass - i think i speak for all of us when i say - SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

if u don't like drum and bass/jungle then fiar enough, but there's a lot of people that do, and if you're gonna keep slating the genre and the people that listen to it, then u won't make any mates. it's boring and repetative listenin to u slate it. if u ask a question, then let people answer it for u without bein insulting in the process. capiche ???

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2001/10/04 :  20:09:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Being a happyhardcore raver, i can only say what my opinion is about d n b n jungle i think in its day jungle was mur focused around teh aktual trax where as d n b nowadays only sounds good with an mc, i can listen to some of dj connies jung;le form 95 without an mc, but if i tried to listen to n enjoy some of kenny kens d n b nowadays without an mc i wudnt be able to, Jungle does tend to have a more ruff cut feel to it to me, where as d n b seems to eb jus a wee bit smoother n n closer to garage music eg. Dj Zinc 138 trek, neway cya:D please correct me if im rong i am but a mortal happy hardcore raver n not a "junglist" or woteva

Ant B

happyraveruk

United Kingdom
254 posts
Posted - 2001/10/05 :  11:12:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
138 trek isn't drum and bass - it's breakbeat/garage - zinc's drum and bass 174 trek remix is the 1. fair point - i aint sayin i luv jungle to an extent that i don't luv hardcore, cos i prefer hardcore, but i can appreciate both types of music. if u'd have heard kenny ken wiv charlie b at united dance last month - u would have changed your mind - playinng all the 94/95/96 classics. wicked.

You look like you're in another world, but i can read your mind. 4 o'clock in the morning, and it's starting to get light.

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/09 :  05:16:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Ok I didn't know any1 who actually gets offended when some one cuses their style of music down.

Plenty of ppl say OldSkool is shat but I don't go home and cry about it or even have a go at them. Plenty of ppl all the time tell me OldSkool and HappyHardcore is f**ked up sh*t but I don't have to argue cause it's good to be different. . .

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2001/10/09 :  06:51:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage  Reply with quote
Jungle is typically more Bassliney and associated with the jump-up style of Dj Afrodite, Drum n Bass is more dirty and dark, less rollin.

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/09 :  06:59:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
those chances has nothing to do with names jungle or drum & bass.

total sciece stuff they cal hardcore
dj hype jump up
andy c hardstep
bukem intelligent

and all other the name drum and bass
drum and bass is collective name of all.

Edited by - DJ Pathfinder on 09 Oct 2001 07:02:46

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/10/09 :  12:19:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Well I can NOW clearly tell the dif between the 2. . .

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page