Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Is HHC the devil?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
bLOODY_dAN
Advanced Member

United States
768 posts

30 hardcore releases
bLOODY_dAN has donated money to the site bLOODY_dAN has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  02:16:11  Show profile Send a private message  Visit bLOODY_dAN's homepage
My dads convinced that techno in general is too upbeat to be good...Whatever that means? he says that it raises your puls too much and when you come down from a "techno high" you cant deal with normal life...He read it all strait out of a book, with evidence and what not...But i still thinks its total ********! So my life has become a living hell since then!

What do yall think about that?

-=And behold a light shown forth proclaiming truth and those who believed were saved=-

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  02:36:55  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Then I must be the devil himself if I preach hardcore 24 hours a day :)

Don't believe everything you read, and you can always find some book or a poll or media article that says what you want it to say, tell him that the music that the beatles made is drug music and classical music seems to put old fat people into a trance...

Even if it did give you a "techno high" what the hell is wrong with that? It does not harm you... Tell you father that your "techno high" is much better for your health than the beer he drinks.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  02:38:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage
quote:
Tell you father that your "techno high" is much better for your health than the beer he drinks.

LOL!

quote:
My dads convinced that techno in general is too upbeat to be good...Whatever that means? he says that it raises your puls too much and when you come down from a "techno high" you cant deal with normal life...He read it all strait out of a book, with evidence and what not...But i still thinks its total ********! So my life has become a living hell since then!

What do yall think about that?

And i thought that was utter ********!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  02:50:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
I'm a Christian (Silver can attest to Lamington talks....) but I wouldn't ever say that HHC is the devil.

Silver being the devil himself? Thats a whole other story.

The fact is that anything that takes you away from God is from the devil. Simple.

Where did he get the info from? What does the bible say about dancing? Read what Moses, Miriam and Aaron did after they crossed the red sea? They got down and boogied. They had the dance of their lives!

You know Saul prophesied naked? You know David danced and wrote dance music (for the time).

You know that any music you love, your favourite song will give you a "high", a release of endorphins, cos you love that song!! Its simple.

The fact is that you have to make the decision for your self.

-=[ryg0r]=-

xglowwithme

United States
29 posts
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  02:59:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit xglowwithme's homepage
Haha! That is so crazy-- Electronic music does give me a sort of high, a natural high! I suppose techno is no worse than Elvis shaking his hips, or rap music? Come on now, your dad should get some common sense!

<3

DJ Superman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,192 posts

46 hardcore releases
DJ Superman has donated money to the site DJ Superman has attended 15 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  03:06:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Superman's homepage
quote:
The fact is that you have to make the decision for your self.

that's the most important part, it doesn't make a bit of difference what you're dad thinks. you parents are there to guide you in the right direction but you have to find out exactly how you perceive things for yourself. if they try and impose their view on you too much then they are just clouding your judgment and making things harder for you in the long run. the best thing you can do is establish your independence and let them know that you feel differently to how they do. as long as it is backed up with logical reasoning then there is no reason why your argument is any less valid than your dads. take a stand my boy!!!!

whizz-billy-the-kid's got you in his sights

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  04:23:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
http://www.truthaboutrave.com/

any opinions?

Death By Stereo!!

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  04:44:28  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
THats a pretty interesting site.

Of course you could say the same thing about pubs, clubs, chemists (drug stores), concerts, almost anything.

-=[ryg0r]=-

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  05:22:31  Show profile  Send a private message
yes it is....JOIN US

"we'll delete the weak"

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  05:30:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
That site the biggest piece of crap I ever wasted my time reading... this is so typical of uneducated people... They are confusing country law with the law of the bible... They assume anything that is against public law is a sin, in that MDMA is a sin to use and you will goto hell for it... thats utter crap...

This devil music stuff they talk about is crap... You don't mix religious stuff with music and drugs they are seperate things....

thecrazyg

Australia
451 posts
thecrazyg has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  06:46:58  Show profile  Send a private message
your dad is stoooopid :) hahaha ! maybe he got the 'substances' section mixed up with the 'techno' section. . talking about comedowns from music and all haha

ANybody wanna donate some cash to the "Turntables for Gav fund?" ~ If you don't, you could be to blame for the demise of happy hardcore!

theres only ever one reply:
IM HARDCORE UNTIL I DIE!

hrz_fxpimp

United States
38 posts
hrz_fxpimp has attended 2 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  07:19:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit hrz_fxpimp's homepage
Eh. As with any type of music they don't understand is the devil. I remember watching a Christian show and they were quoting some metal lyrics. They were preaching how bad this song was and how it glorified satan. Yet they were taking the lyrics out of context. The song sang about the evils of addiction to cocaine. So they were pretty much clueless and yet they get all uppity when you take the word and take it out of context.

Well as with any type of music. Just make it bland and add the words "oh lord" in there and you can make christian music. Just think of the sales! Christian hardcore! Remix some Jars of clay tracks and have some guy named Mc Minister "rhyme about the time the man himself walked the earth... preach about his works, his life, and the rebirth! Can I get a Amen from the hardcore crowd!!!!!!!!!! We churnin out bass thumpers for the bible thumpers!"

I have no issue with the word or the message. Its the fact that people try to impose and allow what they think is correct when one of the things we are sposed to have and deal with on our own is our free will.

Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Comet has donated money to the site Comet has attended 22 events
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  07:25:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage
I've seen that website before.. I don't know where, but it's really familiar.

The thing I don't like about that site, is that it's leading raves down to drugs. I rave! I DJ! I don't do drugs and never plan on starting. I have to say though, that the over use of smoking (pot, cigarettes, etc.) really bothers me about raves. I'm allergic to nicotine smoke so that really makes my experience at raves not so fun..

What I'm saying is, they make it sound like once you go to raves, you'll become a drugee. That's not true. While going to raves does make the influence greater, it certainly doesn't, "make you" take drugs. Only people who are irresponsible and don't look into what drugs can do in the long run will get into it.

I'm a christian as well. Music in fact gets me closer to God than to Satan. All of those heavenly melodies just bring you up and so carefree and enjoy life. Music is why I live. I can't imagine being deaf.

MrJakk

United States
123 posts
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  09:16:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MrJakk's homepage
That website is quite funny, i read it once.

Just threaten a few people with religion and maybe the'll do what you want eh?

It sux when things like that happens, because even tho im not of the religious persuasion, i respect peoples decision to be...

Note: dont close ur eyes when you see something bad, it just imprints the image on your brain! just look away , at the grass or whatever is around!

Hardcore Con Queso

MrJakk

United States
123 posts
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  09:18:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MrJakk's homepage
My friends neighbor is really like uptight religious i guess, and once they heard the name "happy hardcore" instantly the woman thot it had something to do with evil...i mean like evil, evil. LIke gabber or something. But with the word "happy" in there, how could u confuse? haha o well, its a happy music that makes people want to be kind and loving.. How could that ever be an act of the devil?

Maybe its like the crap people from south park, he's trying to make everyone all happy and loving so he can come up and kill everyone!

Hardcore Con Queso

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2004/03/17 :  09:28:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
"Under the guise of Peace and Love, the devil is using music and drugs to deceive masses of young people just as he did in the 60's and 70's."

The gates are open :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page